CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
This Life We Choose
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Artie entered the firehouse and sat down, she had spent the night at Christopher's and Eddie's as she knew they needed some help with things since Shannon passed away, but she did help Eddie with Chris when needed to be but late at night she'd be up helping Eddie.

Artie was at work now as she laid on the couch Buck beside her as he lifted her legs as she flinched and shuddered involuntarily at the feeling of him touching her and he frowned at that a little bit but didn't say anything since he understood why it happened as he sat down and put her legs over his legs.

"You need something?" Artie sighed at the blonde.

"No? Can I not sit with a coworker?" Buck grinned as the others excluding Bobby looked amused.

"No." Artie responded bluntly.

"Oh come on." Buck laughed.

"You're annoying I don't hang with annoying people." Artie shrugged in her laid down spot.

"Really?" He laughed softly.

"Yep." Artie said playfully.

"It's why my personal bubble is better." Artie sighed.

"Lovely." Buck smiled slightly.

They all got up when the alarm sounded.

"All right, everyone, as close and as tight to the truck as you can be." Buck ordered all of the kids and teachers.

"All right, stay tucked in, stay tucked in." Chimney said pushing the kids infront of him closer.

"You guys are doing great. Thank you." Buck told them all.

"Teacher spotted it out there after recess. Nobody claimed it." Athena exclaimed as they looked out at a backpack on the floor.

"Yeah, but it's not a package." Artie looked at her.

"Yeah, I thought this guy sent his bombs through the mail." Buck added, "or uh.... Well Artie's car wasn't a mailbox though." Artie awkwardly looked away at that.

"True." Eddie and Hen agreed, sparing her a glance of concern.

"Maybe he changed his M.O." Chimney offered.

"Or inspired some other crazy." Athena looked out as the bomb squad did their job.

"All units, be advised! Fire in the hole." One of them yelled