CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

╔═══*

╔═══*. ·:·. ☽✧ ✦ ✧☾. ·:·. *═══╗
Malfunction
╚═══*. ·:·. ☽✧ ✦ ✧☾. ·:·. *═══╝

After that weird little moment with Buck the night before, Artie was now getting dressed for work, she wasn't ecstatic about the new coworker Delia well her actual name was Ardelia which Artie didn't care much but to find out the new cop and nurse were friends with the new firefighter threw her off on why they were from London to go here in America for some reason, but Chris said Kai and Kayla had to be called Phoenix and Kelpie as they like those mythical creatures not that Artie cared but she knew the team would call them that when they were talking, even worse Kayla had been helping Eddie with some of Chris' behaviour since the tsunami so that meant they hung out with them and Artie didn't know if she wanted to like it, she adored Chris and if he loved hanging out with someone else besides Buck or her she'd have no idea how to feel.

Artie walked into the firehouse pursing her lips.

Buck immediately stopped his attempts to talk to Delia as he got up quickly.

"Artie!" Buck beamed approaching her.

Artie awkwardly looked at him as he grinned.

"You know Pipsqueak I missed you."

"I bet." Artie nodded slowly.

"Come on." He held out his hand, Artie gave him a look.

"Whatever." Artie sighed as she grabbed it.

"Think you're a Disney prince or something?" Artie snorted.

"Extremely." He chuckled while he walked them two over to the couch where Delia and the rest of the 118 was. Artie sat down as she rubbed her arm.

"Excited to be back?" Chimney asked.

"Working with Buckley absolutely not." Artie snorted.

"Haha." Buck rolled his eyes at her.

"You're welcome." Artie said with a dismissive shrug as she saw Delia, then she saw a basket of baked goods that a few firefighters were eating, Delia, Phoenix and Kelpie had made them last night, Artie leaned her head against the head of the couch.

"Don't forgot about thinking about your decision when you're ready, Mimi." Bobby sighed.

"Sure." Artie said dismissively feeling too tired to bother.

The alarm went off and the 118 went to an ice rink.

"I haven't seen this much blood on the ice since a squirrel crawled into the Zamboni." A girl said while 118 was following her around to the emergency.