CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
New Beginnings
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Artie was now at work after having the night out with Kyle, were they drinking? Yes they were but they made sure to drink at Kyle's place since Artie hated going out after the assault and Kyle understood that for her, Kyle paid for the alcohol even they Artie said she could but he didn't let her.

Artie was on her phone, she was looking at photos of her childhood that had been sent to go from practical photos to digital in her camera roll as Buck was talking to the 118, they were away from Artie's hearing distance.

"You alright?" Chimney asked seeing Buck glance at the brunette in the background.

"No, she was out with Kyle, I was gonna ask if she wanted to come over to my apartment for I don't know to do something with me for Christopher because she loves Christopher but she declined saying she had plans with Kyle." Buck huffed, he was ranting as Bobby, Hen, Eddie and Chimney watched in amusement.

"He's pretty yes but seriously?" Buck said.

"So she can't hang out with an ex?" Eddie tilted his head, "I hung out with Shannon a lot."

"You mean you had sex with her a lot? Artie wouldn't do that with Kyle right?" Buck asked pacing in front of the counter where they all sat.

"Is her sex life any of yours or our business?" Hen asked seriously.

"It's my business if it's with him." Buck sputtered out.

"Dumbass." Chimney shook his head, he was relieved that Artie couldn't hear them talking about her though.

"Buck, really? It's not your business regardless if it is with him or not, she doesn't talk about her life that much and we didn't even know of her father killing her mom." Hen scoffed.

"I knew vaguely, it wasn't saying much on her background but I knew she was in foster care after he went to prison, she's a private person in all aspects." Bobby said.

"You still hired her?" Buck asked curiously.

"She's an excellent firefighter her captain from Kansas said so, she's good at her job especially if there's a child involved." Bobby said, "and she proved that she wants to be a firefighter if she did the test again which was unnecessary, if that doesn't show dedication I don't know what will." Bobby added on.

"She's really good with kids, Chris still wears her necklace but he takes it off every time he goes to school so he doesn't lose it." Eddie said.

"And she's bilingual too not just Spanish." Hen said.