CHAPTER TWENTY

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Buck, Actually
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Artie rubbed her face after being discharged from the hospital, she laid on the couch.

"So should you be working today? You were just poisoned." Eddie said as Artie shrugged.

"It was only a milligram of the poison as a dosage of how much it was, if it was anymore it'd take a few hours to a day to recover if it didn't kill me but they did a bunch of test all night making sure it was fine and I didn't get any blurry vision or anything else again, I gotta keep having check ups for the rest of the month." Artie huffed.

"I was gonna keep her off but she said she'd kill herself apparently." Bobby rolled his eyes at her threat.

"You say that like I was being manipulative, Cappa Bear."

"You were." Bobby shook his head.

"Okay, I was, I just wanted to get back to work, I took days off since the assault." Artie huffed.

"But I'm sorry for the threat." Artie scratched her scarred wrist.

"Are you?" Buck challenged.

"Not entirely." Artie looked at him.

"Your father if he did send that is a jerk like honestly, I thought my dad was an asshole." Chimney shook his head.

"Asshole? No, Chimney her father is way worse." Hen scoffed.

"I always think he'd be Ted Bundy 2.0 but he's only tried to kill me or killed his wife." Artie grumbled.

"Your arms how come we never noticed them?" Buck asked suddenly.

"The nurse did ask at the blood drive and you guys were distracted so you didn't hear it and yeah I stopped doing it ages ago, I cover them by the thermal shirt or if dismiss it you guys normally fuck off when I glare at you but now you're not for some reason." Artie huffed, "but those are old so it doesn't matter." Artie denied.

"You sure?" Buck asked.

"You alive?" Artie quipped.

"Uh... yes?" Buck furrowed his brows.

"Then yes I'm sure." Artie scoffed as Buck pursed his lips.

"Lovely." He said as Artie looked at her ringing phone and she answered it.

"Hey, Kyle." Artie said her tone changing from her normal voice to a less blunt one as Buck huffed watching her walk away.