CHAPTER SIX

Point of Origin 

Point of Origin 

Everyone besides Chimney was at the firehouse waiting for a call, Artie had just come back from the bathroom rubbing her face as Buck was observing her as she sat down at the kitchen bench on a stool her eyes focused on her phone while he, Hen and Bobby were on the couch.

"She always does that." Buck muttered.

"What?" Bobby furrowed his brows before he looked over and realised, "go to the bathroom?"

"Yeah, that's normal." Hen raised a brow.

"I know it's normal but it's not normal after every time she eats a meal." Buck protested.

"You think she has a problem with eating? We know she does, she barely eats or she eats too much and throws up sometimes." Hen huffed.

"Yes but every time we try and talk about it she tells us to mind our business or well tells me to fuck off about it." Buck groaned.

"She tells you that because you're presistent when she tells you nothing." Bobby quipped back.

"But-" Buck was going to protest but he was cut off by the alarm going off.

"We'll discuss Artie later." Bobby sighed as they left after getting their gear on, they arrived at the scene shortly after.

"16 DOA so far. Mostly blunt trauma to the head," Buck explains to Bobby who had just walked in to the scene of the wedding. The floor had crashed when dancing leaving the guests to fall through two floors, "or crushed by falling debris or other bodies." Buck continued on.

"One victim impaled." Artie adds from beside Buck as Artie looked around her eyes moving rapidly as she observed the scene silently after her input.

"They fell through two stories. I won't be surprised if that number goes higher." Bobby says looking up.

"Would anyone?" Artie muttered as Buck heard her and shook his head, he was glad Bobby didn't hear her.

"Captain, the groom is devastated... his bride hasn't been accounted for yet." Hen says walking up to Bobby.

"We'll find her. Buck, I'm gonna need you to go up top." Bobby explains, "Access to the second floor is blocked. We're gonna have to tackle this thing from both ends."

"Okay, Captain." Buck nodded and walked away as he gave one last glance at Artie before he left.

"Savita! Savita!" The groom yelled looking for his wife, "Savita!" He called out.

"Step back. Step back, it's okay." Bobby stopped him, holding him back.

"If she's in there, we will find her." Artie tells him looking around what he was digging at but the man stopped her and went to dig again as she grimaced awkwardly looking at Hen for her help and input.