CHAPTER THIRTEEN

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Under Pressure
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

After getting to work from the motel, Artie was now at work as she was drinking some coffee trying to ignore her headache for now as Buck walked over to her as she sat the table.

"You still think flan is crappy?" Buck grinned sitting across from her.

"Yes." She sighed.

"Ooh Mizzy, you've tried it now?" Chimney chuckled.

"Yeah yesterday but it tastes like shit, egg is only good on its own not in idea whatever dessert it goes in." Artie shrugged.

"You only like egg on its own? Custard is good." Chimney and Hen said in disbelief.

"She only likes the sunny side up eggs." Buck laughed, Artie stayed quiet.

"Well." Chimney laughed, Artie went to tell them to stop being annoying like usual before Bobby spoke up.

"You hated it?" Bobby asked amused.

"Indubitably so." Artie said in a mock British accent while they rolled their eyes playfully.

"Ooh you do accents." Buck laughed.

"Appears so." Hen laughed.

"God you four are a lot louder than usual." Artie grumbled as she took a few pills as she winced hearing a chair scrap against the floor.

"You're hungover." Buck gaped at her, "you went drinking without me." Buck groaned.

Artie just simply nodded at his statement.

"Unbelievable." Buck sighed.

"I drink without you guys all the time." Artie admitted.

"How could you?" Chimney joked, Artie ignored him as she sighed in relief when the alarm went off as they went to the call, it was about a girl estimated at about 5-8 with her mom and the girl had a nasty burn on her arm from the house fire that was going on in her house.

"It really hurts, mommy." The girl whimpered to her mother who was besides her watching the firefighters.

"I know it does, I know but the firefighters will make it better."

"Will they?"

"Yes." Artie said quickly as she was treating it carefully ignoring the winces from the girl, Artie bandaged it up after a moment with sterile gauze.