CHAPTER FOUR

Next of Kin 

Next of Kin 

(Very long chapter)

Artie was at the 118 firehouse, glancing at Chimney while she was in the kitchen looking for something to eat, pursing her lips as she got a cup.

"Someone's annoyed." Artie mused, her blue eyes gazing into his brown eyes that were looking around, who glanced back at her after her sudden remark.

"I'm not, Mizzy, I'm actually the opposite of annoyed." Chimney huffed, folding his arms across his chest.

"Right cause you're not annoyed you just don't do much on calls, or anything fun as Buck and you claim to seem fun being in on the action." Artie mocked teasingly.

"Don't lie." Chimney narrowed his eyes, rolling his eyes playfully at her.

"It's not a lie, it's an astute observation, Mr. Han." The youngest member remarked, Buck in the distance watching the two firefighters bicker, his face formed into an amused expression at Artie addressing Chimney as Mr. Han, she normally did that to annoy other members on the team.

"Oh really? Title and Last name basis now? Well Miss. Roseleigh, I'll have you know that I'm fine, not upset or anything like that." Chimney rolled his eyes.

"Oh really?" She said softly with a scoff as she made a coffee.

"Want some?" She gave Chimney an unimpressed look as she asked, she didn't really care if he said yes or no.

"What's this? You're being nice?" Chimney snorted, looking at Buck after she offered before he looked back at Artie with a raised brow, Buck's eyes were stunned by the offer too as he snickered.

"Nice? Don't be ridiculous." Artie replied bluntly, "I'm not nice, I'm a bitch, there's a difference." Artie grumbled as Chimney smirked.

"You're starting to like us, after working here for 3 years." He said smugly as she glared at him, Hen's eyes glancing at the two of them while Hen sat near Buck as they were playing a game.

"Offer leaves in 3 seconds if you keep teasing me." Artie glared.

"I'll take one." He said as she sighed and made it, her eyes not looking at him as she made it, she always took note of their coffee preferences in all honesty, not that she'd ever admit it now that she paid attention to their coffee making preferences.

"Here." She said, passing it to him while rubbing her eyes as she winced at the headache forming in her head at the front of her head, she was used to them but it didn't stop them from getting to her at random moments for no reason as she sighed.

"Thanks." He smiled slightly as he took a sip, "You know our prefences?" He raised a brow after a few sips of his coffee.

"Mm... nope." Artie shrugged.

"Are you sick or something? You're never nice unless it's to kids for some reason." Chimney asked, clicking his tongue.

As Chimney left, a while later Hen and Buck were playing a game on the station TV.