CHAPTER EIGHT

Full Moon (Creepy AF)

"4.5 billion years ago, an astral body the size of Mars slammed into the Earth The debris that flew from our planet became stuck in Earth's gravity and formed our moon. That's right. The moon is just a part of the Earth, separated forever, always drawn back towards us, longing to reconnect. It is said to increase fertility, create chaos and cause people to do things they would never normally do. No one knows why things get so weird when the moon is full, why it makes people act so crazy. All I know is that on this job, the one night you need to be ready for anything is a night when the moon is full."

As the 118 was on shift at the firehouse waiting for a call, Artie laid on the couch reading a book it was Invisible by James Patterson as Artie was distracted while Buck was nearby observing her from the kitchen where he and the others such as Chimney, Bobby and Hen were.

"Any progress in your big plan with Artie?" Bobby asked Buck, looking at the younger male.

"Barely but she speaks more on calls now though, than again she still resists hanging out with us after work a lot of the time." Buck said.

"She cares more than she likes to admit well sometimes she does." Chimney mused to them.

"Sometimes." Hen chuckled.

"I feel like you're all shit talking about me right now." Artie called over her shoulder as she looked back and paused her reading.

"We aren't." Buck said.

Artie was about to retort back but alarm went off for a call as they left.

"All right, folks, coming through." Buck says as him and Artie push through the crowd, it was just the two since it was a full moon the 118 separated so they could do as much as they could on this crazy night.

"Excuse me." Artie said to someone who was recording the child was in the claw machine glancing at the woman recording a bit irritated by her.

"Hi." The mom of the little girl tells them.

"Hi." Artie greeted back.

"Hi." Buck smiles then gets to the little girls level, Buck spoke in a baby voice, "What are you doing there?"

"We are gonna have to take you out of that's okay with you." Artie proposes to the kid.

"All right. You'll be fine." Buck tells the girl after she nods, Artie handed Buck the drill so he could undo the hinges on the machine once he was done he set it down and opened the door, "Hi. Are you ready?"

"Yeah? Watch your head." Artie explained as the girl scooted forward and Buck picked her up.

"Oh, I got you." Buck smiled and handed her over to her mom.

"Thank you." She smiled at the two, "I can't believe they didn't have a key for this."

"Don't worry. It's one of those nights, I suppose." Artie said as she put the drill back in the bag.