CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Careful What You Wish For
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The 118 all walked upstairs to see Bobby sat at the table.

"Hey, Cap. Why are you sitting up here in your civvies?" Chimney asked, "And how come I am not smelling my breakfast?" Artie shook her head at the Korean.

"Maybe you should all sit down." Bobby told them causing them to freeze for a moment.

"Are we getting fired?" Artie asked quickly.

"What? N-No, Mimi none of you are getting fired." Bobby sighed at the youngest on the team.

"Oh, this doesn't feel good." Hen said as they all stood around the table.

"All right. I know the shift's about to start, but I wanted to be here to tell you this in person." Bobby stood up, "As of this morning, pending further investigation, I am officially suspended from my duties here at the 118."

"What? Why? That-That's insane. Suspended for what?" Buck asked looked around

"For not disclosing what happened in Minnesota before I took the job." Bobby explained

"Minnesota?" Hen asked confused as to why that was relevant now.

"That's old news." Buck shook his head.

"Well, not to them, and if they knew all the details, there's a very good chance
they never would've hired me." Bobby informed them.

"Cap, you don't owe them that part of you." Hen told him, "You owe them your record."

"All the people you've helped." Buck added

"The lives you've saved." Eddie furrowed his brows.

"Which is a lot." Artie said.

"Well, I knew the truth would catch up to me one day. I just figured by the time
it did, it wouldn't matter. I'd have nothing left to lose. I was wrong." Bobby told them.

Artie wasn't very happy her car blew up like at all, she was irritated by it too but she wasn't injured when it blew up thankfully, after the whole robbery incident they team came up to the firehouse and Bobby told them everything well Artie already knew though, Artie was at work now but thankfully all her belongings before the car blew up were placed in a storage unit Kyle owned.