Chapter 2

***Lucas's P.O.V ***

Finally, somehow I managed to enter the kitchen. I'm sure my first impression was not that good. I have to somehow get close to her. Thanks to old Mr.Brown, he instantly agreed to my deal. Well, who could resist when a multi-billionaire asks you for a petty job in exchange for a high rise building in Craftsville.

I laid lazily at the poolside in my penthouse gazing at the stars. I couldn't help but think of the angelic face of her, the big brown eyes which are kind and filled with joy, rosy pink cheeks, and cute small yet kissable lips, she was like one of those dolls, bobby? balby? or whatever that Lil girls play with. I suddenly heard a request from Alexa that Gavin came to see me. I ordered the doors to open with the help of the voice command feature.

Gavin star is my childhood friend and a Rebel. He was the heir of StarWind group of industries. He left his family's fortune a while ago to live a commoners life. I don't understand him. Why would you leave a powerful wealthy life when your one look, one word can create or destroy lives. You are a god in sorts. Why would anyone deny such power? Personally, I wouldn't if it weren't for her.

"Bro! You look horrendous! What's with your hair and that beard? Eyes!? Wait, where are those terrifying big blue eyes which gave nightmares to many of your employees? and what the fuck with that lip piercing? are you now planning to enter a cosplay business or something?" Gavin was laughing his ass off.

" I met her today" I muttered.

"What? Did you meet her? Did she hit you with a big vase or something that you forgot who you are and looking like a bloody hippy? Gavin chuckled.

"You know that I have no other option Gavin, she can't know who I am, I can't risk attracting media's attention and my identity will be revealed. I couldn't think of any other way".

"Well you at least look a bit approachable now rather than with your all perfect clean-shaven chiseled face and proper business attire," Gavin said teasingly.

He was right about some things. I am the ferocious, punctual, serious dictator boss that you could imagine and my strive for perfection and madness to be on top can make my employees lives hell sometimes. But at least I pay them off well, don't I? When all is said and done everyone cares about money only. Nothing else matters. But she's different. I can't buy her off with the money.

"So are you coming to Stella's birthday party this weekend"?

"Of course, after all, she was one of the reasons my ex billionaire friend went all rogue for" I expressed my distaste regarding his choice to live a common life.

Who would leave millions behind for a swaying foolish love? except for a childish guy like Gavin.

After a bit of banter, Gavin said his goodnight and goodbyes and I was off to bed before answering some important business emails and signing off some urgent documents. I'm glad it was my left hand that was wounded otherwise it would be difficult to carry on with the office work. I wonder what awaits me tomorrow.

**********