Chapter 3

******* Lucas's P.O.V********

Robert dropped me off in my black Mercedes at Falcon street which is around two minutes from Brown's past hub. 

Robert is in his mid-fifties with a large build. He is previously my dad's driver and a loyal servant to our family for twenty years. There are no questions, no gossips, no banter between us. Only orders and it's execution. I don't even remember if we ever had a proper conversation. I don't even damn remember his last name. I don't have time for all that stuff taking care of billion-dollar business empire. But he is efficient and punctual and loyal that's all I need to know about him.

I raised my hoodie over my head and got out of the car carefully gazing around to check out for anyone who identified me. Thank God it seems no one knows or cares who I am. I am starting to like this, no paparazzi no unwanted attention just a commoner walking around unnoticed by the crowd.

I entered Brown's hub and slowly made my way towards the kitchen. I was met with a tall blonde woman with plump lips and big assets, unlike Freya who has a rather small slim build with thin lips and dark eyes. The blonde smiled at me flirtatiously and said: "Hey handsome what do you want?"

"You were on time, good! How is your hand?" a concerned voice behind the blonde. It's Freya.

Of course, I'm on time what do you mean! I'm the perfectionist, Lucas Weissman, I thought to myself. 

"It's better now", I answered.

She came between me and the blonde "Leo, this is Rita staller, waitress here. Rita, this is Leonardo Benjamin, our new kitchen assistant". She introduced us.

A young guy in his mid 20's or something around my age came towards us. "Howard! This is Leonardo Benjamin, Leo this is Howard Hanks, our head Chef" Freya said.

"Oh, what happened to your hand?" Howard smirked. I'm already developing hatred for this guy somehow.

Freya told what happened yesterday.

"Aww Fre, you work hard already and have to take care of all kinds of mess on top," he said with a sympathetic tone.

What? Fre? and mess? Did he just call me mess? Did he call the Lucas Weissman mess? I will show him what a pile of a mess he will be when I mess with his life, anger lingered in my eyes which I covered with a slight fake smile.

Then Freya introduced me to Mr.Wills-Line chef, Baron-dishwasher, Pilot, Karen a waiter and another waitress, Jose the cashier, and a couple of other delivery guys. Except that Howard guy and the flirty blonde everyone seems to be likable to my standards.

"Alright, guys today's gonna be a jam-packed schedule for us. We have a group of ten people coming for an official gathering. Here's the menu, Freya and I will take care of the main dishes and desserts, Mr.Wills will take care of the sides, Karen, Pilot, and Rita you have to be cautious while serving drinks and dishes, so that you won't spill or create a mess. New guy here, oh right! your hand. um, Baron, you will assist us with the pantry for today. I want everything perfect today, alright?" Howard explained and gave orders like a pro. I might not like this guy on a personal level but his professionalism is on par.

"How can I help? " I murmured.

"You wouldn't be of much help to us with that hand" Howard dismissed me.

"Oh Leo, you can help me with garnishing the dishes" Freya came to my rescue and brightened my mood.

It's lunchtime, everyone is busy preparing food, setting up tables, cleaning. I'm helping Freya with garnishing different delicious pasta's with cheese, basil leaves, and sauce.

The customers have already arrived and begun feasting on their starters. I helped Freya with garnishing her Ravioli and I'm quite impressed with my work there.

We're all done with the dishes in the kitchen ready to serve.

"Leo I might need your help here" the blonde, Rita from outside the kitchen.

I was passing the narrow hallway which turns to the serving area at the end. I saw the customers on a big table in the center from the one-side visible glass barrier.

Holy shit!!! It's Mace-Tech!! Our Weissman Telecom uses their services often. Holy freaking bat shit!! There's Winona Mace!! CEO of the Mace-Tech, we briefly dated and I'm sure that lady will recognize me even if I turn myself into an elf with goblin feet. 

*******************

Hello guys let me know your thoughts about this chapter and share your love <3: LK