Chapter 27

**********Lucas's P.O.V **********

I called up Destiny to come to my room around midnight after making sure everyone went to bed. She updated me about the little interface problem we had with the release and handed some other important documents that needed to be signed. We almost worked for two hours and when I am about to see her out and opened the door I saw Freya standing at the doorway.

Freakin squirrels, this is looking so bad. Me with a girl. Alone at night.In a hotel room! Before she gets any further ideas  "Hi, Freya! You are still up? Meet my uh my cousin, Destiny!" 

"Wow, you are Mr.Robert's daughter?" Freya's eyes widened. 

"Ex..exactly! How do you know that!?" I stuttered.

"I'm smart like that" she smirked. 

Yup! So smart!  I invited the girls back into my room and made some midnight tea for us. 

"Sorry for asking but what's she doing here at this hour?" Freya asked staring at the formal attire and Weissman industries ID card on Destiny. 

"Oh, she works for the Weissman industries, she is here for the launch event, I told her I am here too and she dropped by after finishing some formalities regarding the launch a while ago" I lied to her like I was munching on a bag of chips.

Freya's sudden entry and my new family drama baffled Destiny and there she sat utterly speechless for a while. But she's smart enough to take part in my drama soon. After all that's why she became my secretary in the first place.

"I've heard things about you, so nice to meet you finally" Destiny smiled. 

"It's really nice meeting you too" Freya chuckled. 

"I have tasted your dish tonight, you have got some magic in your hands!" Destiny appreciated. 

"Thankyou" Freya blushed.

"Sorry but I have to go now" Destiny looked at her watch.

"Alright! Let me accompany you to your room" Freya offered. 

"Not really, I'll be driving to the centre. I have some work at the office in the morning" said Destiny. 

"Such a mean jerk he is" Freya shook her head.

"Who"? Destiny asked perplexed with Freya's sudden outrage. 

"Of course your arrogant ass boss that Lucas Weissman" Freya flared up. "He doesn't even have the common sense to provide accommodation when the venue is this far from the city and let the employees relax after such a huge event".

I choked on my drink.

"No it's not like that,  it's just I've got things to do tomorrow so I prefer driving home right away" Destiny tried to back me up. 

"Still, it's so dark outside and you don't know how many thugs are there outside," Freya muttered. 

I know which thugs Frey's talking about like the ones we met at the casino.

"We can share my bed tonight, you can leave early in the morning for your work" Freya insisted.

Destiny looked at me as if she's seeking my permission and I gave her a nod in approval.

"Alright, let's go!" Freya playfully locked arms with destiny.

Such a lucky soul my secretary is, she got the marvelous chance to share the bed with Freya. When will I get the chance? I punched the pillow in frustration. I hope Destiny won't spill any beans regarding my true identity but I know she's smarter than that.

We all packed our stuff and dispersed from Walton's early in the morning. Remembering Freya's words last night I ordered Mr.Brown to declare a couple of days off for the restaurant. 

"You never told me about Destiny earlier, she's so much fun!" Freya shouted merrily entering our apartment. 

Wow, when did these two hit it off in such a short time! 

"Do you know what her favorite food is"?

Food? I don't even know when she takes her lunch break.  

Umm, what it could be..."It is of European cuisine starts with Ppp...."

"Perogies! Yes, she loves perogies too"!

"Yeah, I was about to say the same". I was totally gonna say, Pasta.

"And her favorite movie is"?

Her favorite movie? I don't know. Why would I even know? She's my secretary and I am her boss. It's her duty to know everything about me, not the other way around.

"What is it"? I bit my lip.

"Titanic!!" She screamed.

"We have so much in common" Freya giggled.

"That's great"! Doesn't all girls love titanic though? I smirked inside.

"I would love to meet her again, why don't you invite your uncle and cousin here for Thanksgiving next week?" Freya asked hopefully.

Now that I dug my own grave I had no other option than to say yes. 

*************

Hi guys, did you expect that Destiny and Freya will become friends? Share your thoughts by commenting and voting on this chapter <3: LK