Chapter 26

******** Lucas's P.O.V ********

I'm glad Freya got her dream fulfilled. I know Freya is talented and even without my recommendation she'd make it but I just had to make sure! 

The following days, we were busy preparing for the event. Stella and Gavin bid their farewell yesterday. Today finally time for the main event! I was in the kitchen helping Freya and Mr.Wills with their dishes while Destiny is giving me updates through my invisible earpiece. I took care not to step out of the kitchen and had my disposable face mask on all the time. There are going to be many people tonight who know me too well and I can't risk my true identity to be revealed.

********* Freya's P.O.V ********

"We are proud to be the first company to launch 5G technology in our country. Not only it aids people in having a faster and safer communication but an important milestone to our technological progress and making Canada as one of the leading giants in the Telecomm industry in the world. Hereby I present you our new Weissman Telecomm's 5G technology in collaboration with Mace-Tech" announced COO of Weissman industries, Dr. Caleb Wince.

Followed by a few speeches and presentations the dinner is on the table. We served appetizers, mains, desserts one by one and everything went well and the event is a massive success. Dr.Caleb Wince, in particular, loved my dish and wanted to appreciate me in person.

"Miss Keller, wonderful! Your creation is absolutely delicious" he applauded.

"Oh! We meet again" a feminine figure in a thigh-length  V necked black sequin dress exposing her long legs and big assets approached us. 

"Hello! Darling"! Mr.Wince leaned forward and hugged and gave a small peck on the woman's cheek.

"I see Ms. Keller you certainly made an impression" she smirked.

"Thank you, Madam" I smiled. She's the one I met at Stella's party! Winona Mace! So she's the one who owns Mace-Tech!

"There you are" Winona ran towards Howard who is coming in our direction. 

"We meet again huh" she bit her lip flirtatiously at Howard.

"Yes ma'am it seems so" he tried to be as professional as possible.

I think she is referring to their meeting at the hub when Mace-Tech came and admired the team while I was nursing Leo inside. 

"I'd like to meet you again if you want" she took a step closer towards Howard.

"Sure ma'am my girlfriend here also would like to meet you again sometime" Howard grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his side and rested his arm on my shoulder.

" I see you have got a talented one over there" she left the conversation abruptly and brushed past me and I could feel her hot body burning with jealousy.

After Mr. Wince and Winona left, I looked at Howard as if I am demanding an explanation for his choice of words earlier. 

Howard pulled me in a tight hug, "We did it Fre!, I'm so proud of you! Sorry I couldn't make much time for us these days. Things have been stressful with the event but I promise I will make up to you" 

"Don't worry, I know" I patted his back.

Howard is happy and that's because of me. I feel like I am on the top of the world right now. I did all of this to bring that smile to his face. Howard is that person I would take a bullet for. Our time together was is very precious and if I could I would do anything to take us back into the past where we were nothing but happy.

"I thought you didn't meet Ms.Mace at the hub before?" Howard questioned.

"I met her at my friend's birthday party"

"I see"

"She seems very interested in you, why don't you give her a chance?" I chuckled.

"She is interested in everyone" Howard giggled. "You know there is only place for one woman in my life" he looked at me with his beautiful yet gloomy green eyes.

"I know" I sighed.

Tired I went to bed straight after the event but I woke up around 2'0 clock and walked over the corridor for some air.  I saw the lights are still turned on in Leo's suite from the gap between the door and the threshold. To my surprise, the door opened before I knock and I saw a woman in front of me followed by Leo. 

***********

Hi guys how do you like the story so far? can't believe we are at Chapter 26 already! Don't be a silent reader and share your thoughts by commenting, voting <3: LK