Chapter 33

******* Lucas's P.O.V *******

My whole body is consumed with jealousy. I couldn't think straight anymore and came back to my penthouse. I switched off my cell phone since yesterday and cut myself off from everything to think clearly. Of course yes we kissed, but it doesn't mean that she's mine or anything. We aren't dating or anything, it shouldn't mean anything whom she meets with or whom she sleeps with but why I feel this rage inside me?  It can't be that I actually love her as Gavin said? I tried to calm down myself yet my heart and mind are in chaos.

I had no intention of seeing her and at worst Howard at the hub today but I promised Pilot I'll be there to help to unload the fresh stocks. 

I went to the hub in the morning and when we were almost finished unloading the stocks I felt a familiar scent nearby. I raised my head and saw Freya approaching us. I immediately went inside the hub ignoring her. She changed into the work clothes and entered the kitchen and I know her eyes were eagerly searching for me. Then I saw the blonde entering the kitchen to get some drinks refilled. I thought I will let Freya taste her own medicine. I diverted my attention to the blonde and flirtatiously winked "Hey, beautiful how's it going? Do you need help with anything?" 

I could see blonde's jaw dropped due to the unexpected shower of attention from me. "Of course you can help me with a lot of stuff hon" she bit her lower lip. 

"All you need to is just ask me, glad to help anytime" I whispered in her ears. Blonde blushed.

I could see Freya's reddened face with hints of jealousy and anger from my peripheral vision. I remained oblivious to her presence or her attempts to talk to me the whole day. 

"I need to talk to you" a stern voice from behind. 

"What is it?" I replied annoyingly. 

"Not here, outside" he motioned with the hand. 

"Fre told me yesterday about everything" Howy gazed straight into my eyes.

"What"? I asked confused. 

"She told me about her feelings for you," Howy curled his lip. 

I just stood there speechless hearing him. 

"You know that I'm not a big fan of you but if Fre likes you I will try to oblige her wishes. But if you try to hurt her you're gonna have to deal with me" Howy warned me and left. 

What the hell is he even talking? Aren't they two together or something? Freya told him she likes me?? What the fuck is happening"?

Putting a brake to my train of thoughts, I shifted my attention towards the ringing cellphone in my pocket. It's Destiny. 

"Hello, Sir! I know it's not my place to tell you but I just want you to know what you've seen yesterday is a misunderstanding" murmured Destiny. 

"What are you talking destiny"? I demanded a further explanation.

"Actually Freya called me yesterday inquiring your whereabouts and she sounded genuinely worried but I didn't reveal anything as per your order. She called me again in the morning and said your mood seems to be off and asked if I know anything about it. Moreover, I felt something is off after seeing what happened at the lake spot yesterday. So I did a little background search without your permission" she spoke in a low voice as if she thought I would be angry at her unwanted actions. Then she explained to me about the relationship between Freya, Howard and his family and how they helped her in the time of need.

What an idiot I was! I immediately went inside the hub to find Freya but she's not there. So I decided to go straight to the apartment and apologize to her. I ran fastly to the changing room to get a change of clothes first. Suddenly a soft pair of hands encircled my waist from behind.

******* Freya's P.O.V *******

When I got back to the apartment yesterday after the picnic, Leo is not there. I tried calling him so many times but his cell phone is switched off. I called Destiny and seems like she didn't know anything either. I was worried but thought maybe he went to meet a friend or something, maybe he ran out of charging, maybe, maybe I tried to think of all the excuses I can for his sudden disappearance. I felt a deep sense of relief when I saw him at the hub in the morning. I ran towards him but he just ignored me. He acted indifferent to me the whole day. I am very confused with the sudden change in him and when he flirt talked with Rita I felt jealous but more than that anger. What happened? Is it something I did? 

I thought it's best to deal with the issue at the apartment and started to take off until I realized I forgot my wallet in the changing room. When I went in I saw Leo and Rita kissing. My legs became weak and my heart trembled and it felt like the whole world has fallen apart. Tears flooded down my cheeks as I ran towards the exit.

**********

Don't be a silent reader and please share your thoughts by commenting, voting and sharing. Thank you very much for your support so far guys! <3: LK