Chapter 41

**** Thank you so much guys for your support. We did it!!! #1 in compassion rankings. I owe this to you all who read, voted and commented on Billionaire's Identity. Follow me for more updates on my next work! ****** 

Edit : 

Hello dear readers, I'm now writing the second book in the Identity series named "PRINCE'S IDENTITY". I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as the first one. Spread the word, guys! <3 LK

Here's the link to the first chapter!

https://www.wattpad.com/816289884-prince%27s-identity-1-horse-carriage

****** Freya's P.O.V ******

"Do you take Howard Hanks to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the priest popped the question.

I said "I do"

"Do you take Freya Keller to be your lawfully wedded wife?" now it's Howard's turn to say yes.

But before that, "Freya"!! Gavin ran towards us gasping heavily.

"What are you doing..." Howard interrupted my sentence and let Gavin talk.

"It's the tattooed guy! He got Lucas! He's demanding to see you otherwise he'll kill Lucas!" Gavin's voice trembled.

I felt as if the lightning has struck me all of a sudden and I quivered like a leaf on a windy day. I looked for a quick second at Howard before rushing to the car along with Gavin.

"Fre, wait!" Howard followed me and held my hand, "it's dangerous, I can't leave you alone! Let's go together" he got on the car too.

"Did you inform the police about the situation?" Howard asked Gavin.

"No, he asked not to inform police otherwise Lucas will turn up dead" Gavin answered hurriedly while concentrating on driving.

The word dead and Lucas are ringing all over my ears and I couldn't think of anything and my eyes are blurred with a thick blanket of runny tears where the only image I can see is Leo's.

"What are we going to do now?" Howard asked.

"First, we will drop off Freya at the location he's sent us".

"Alone?, No way!" Howard flared being protective of me. 

"I'm sure he'll be watching our movements and if he senses we are with Freya, Lucas's life will be in danger. So we will stay low and hide at the corner bay circle. When the guy comes to pick up Freya we will track her using the cell phone coordinates and when we reach the place where he was hiding Lucas.." Gavin wide opened the compartment at the front consisting guns. 

Gavin pulled me in a small hug and told me that they will come to get me and not to fear before dropping me off at the location. I waited there for twenty minutes and still no sign of anyone. Then suddenly a Taxi stopped in front of me in a rush and the guy in the driver seat pointed a gun at me and told me to get into the car and I did as he instructed.

"Aw, smart aren't you?" he laid eyes on the phone that I tried to hide in the puffs of my dress and threw it away. Now any chance of us being saved has vanished. He tied a black cloth around my eyes and taped plaster on my mouth and hands. It's been a half an hour ride and I didn't know where we are until the car has stopped and I was being dragged into a cold wet place which smelled piss and rodents. My eye binding has been removed. 

"Hey there Kitten! Long-time no see, looks like you are living well, in fact so well that you are in a wedding gown when your lover here is on the brink of death. What happened honey? Did you guys break up? He is not able to satisfy you? Then I can come here" the tattooed guy pulled me towards him holding my waist.

"Take off your filthy hands off her! I'll kill you bastard" an agitated and angry voice from behind. I saw Leo lying in a pool of blood tied to the chair. I immediately ran towards Leo freeing myself off from tattooed guy's grip. There's blood everywhere, he is heavily wounded and losing lots of blood. His eyes are slowing falling down and his breathing is getting heavy with every second.

"Oh the billionaire boy still got some fight left in him, we'll see what he does when I do his kitten dirty and down here" the tattooed guy got a grip of me again and cut open the dress on my back with his sharp edge knife.

"Please please leave him, please do what you want with me but please spare him" I begged on my knees.

"Oh that I will do, many things to you right in front of your dear better be dead lover" the tattooed guy got on top of me.

"Oh her body is silky and smooth as fuck now I understand why your billionaire ass is after this pus.." 

Suddenly something smashed on to the tattooed guy's head and he almost was knocked out of consciousness. It's Leo he somehow managed to get off the ties and smashed the guy's head with the chair.

"Freya, Freya are you okay??" He tried to raise me up while he is falling himself on to the ground.

"You bastard, now it's time to teach a final lesson to your arrogant ass" he punched Leo in the stomach as he crumbled down to the ground.

I took a piece of chair leg and hit the guy with all my might. He turned towards me and pulled out his gun. Two shots were fired into the air as I closed my eyes in fear but I didn't feel a single thing. Leo was in front of me shielding me from the bullets and in a matter of seconds, he collapsed to the ground and there he lied without a movement. I crouched down and shook him vigorously as I could see the life leaving from his blazing blue eyes. I put my body on him shelding him from another shot. 

The heart I hated for so long has stopped.

*****