Chapter 42

Finally Last Chapter guys! I had a really nice time writing this story and hope you guys also had a good time reading it. Please continue your support for Billionaire's Identity by sharing, voting, and commenting. It means a lot. Also, I will be uploading an Epilogue in the next chapter about what happened to other characters. 

Edit: Hello dear readers, I'm now writing the second book in the Identity series named "PRINCE'S IDENTITY". I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as the first one. Spread the word, guys! <3 LK

Here's the link to the first chapter!

https://www.wattpad.com/816289884-prince%27s-identity-1-horse-carriage

*****Lucas's P.O.V*****

I was crazy drunk alone in the pub the night before Freya's wedding. I couldn't digest the fact that she was about to marry Howard. I passed out almost drinking to death. When I opened my eyes I was in a cold wet darkroom which made me squeal as I recalled the memories of my abduction as a kid. I couldn't even lift my finger and my whole body became numb. The tattooed guy barged into the room and announced proudly how he has escaped the prison just for the sake of kicking my ass. That was fine but when he mentioned Freya I lost my shit and I attacked him. He beat me to the pulp and I was tied to the chair.

When I saw Freya being dragged into the hellhole I am captivated at, my heart sank. When that filth bag touched her I got rid of the tape using the sharp edgy nail on the back of the rusty chair and kicked him with all my might. I know he's not gonna let it go this time. I fuckin knew he's going take that shot today. I mustered all my energy, slowly stood up from the ground and threw my body over Freya's shielding her. All I hear is screams and sobs of Freya. I knew that was the end and before my eyes were completely closed I saw the falling figure of tattoed guy and Gavin, Howard behind him shooting at him like a mad dog he was.

When I opened my eyes I wasn't sure if it's the heaven because Freya is beside me, she fucking is beside me holding my hand and tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Thank god! Don't you ever do that Leo!" Freya cried.

"I am ready to take that bullet again if it's for you" I whispered.

"You Idiot!" she pressed her lips on to mine.

"Luca, you are finally back Bro! a bright voice of Gavin entering the ER. "Sorry, Luca but I gotta leave now, Howard and I got to deal with some court proceedings" Gavin sighed. 

"By the way how did you find us? I was got rid of my cell phone!" Freya asked.

"Well, I thought of the possibility that he might take away your cellphone so when I hugged you earlier I dropped our new nano GPS tracker on your necklace. The tracker is so small almost invisible and made of a material that it sticks to any place when it is installed. I wasn't sure of it as it was still in developing stage at Weissman R&D but that was the only hope we've got. It couldn't give us the exact location but a near estimate coordinates of you guys. That's why we're late. As soon as we got the coordinates our tech team launched the drone camera's all over the area and as soon as you are located we entered the warehouse. Sorry Fre for not letting you know about the tracker because guys like him can sense fear, they feast on the fear of their prey. So even if he had the slightest doubt that you think you're safe he'd have shot you guys dead the next minute".

"Thanks, Gav for saving us" I whispered.

"Anytime Luca" Gavin stepped aside and I see Robert, Destiny, Howard, Karen, Pilot, Blonde, everyone from the hub waiting outside of the glass door. 

I felt very happy that even if I die now it doesn't matter as I know now there are people who genuinely liked me and loved me and I matter for them. Leonardo Benjamin, this identity has given a different meaning to my life. Though eventually, I will go back to being Lucas Weissman eventually but I shall embrace everything I earned while being Leo till my last breath.

I'm actually glad that tattooed guy kidnapped me and almost killed me otherwise I'd have lost Freya for forever. I couldn't even bear the idea of her being someone else's wife. It took almost a year for me to get fully functional again. Now that Freya forgave me, and as we couldn't spend much time apart from each other, we tied knot along with Stella and Gav on the same day.

Freya wanted to visit our resort in Banff and she reached there before me with Howard and his daughter Bella, Karen and her daughter Lily as I have some urgent unfinished business to attend to. Actually I insisted Howard and Karen join us. While I was working at the hub I noticed Karen always had a thing for Howard, so I decided to play Cupid. Besides, I felt horrible when Freya left Howard like that in the marriage hall. Despite everything, Howard saved my sorry ass. So I planned this trip to get Howard and Karen close. Bella adores Karen and Lily already. I hope one day Howard would be able to find his happiness and I can help him with it just like like he did it for Freya nine years ago. I wanted Gavin and Stella join us too but they left for Congo to commemorate their journey together.

I finished my work in Japan to finalize the deal with Shimura's company and flew directly to Alberta and reached our resort in Banff.

"How is my dear wife doing" I came from behind and wrapped my arms around Freya who is staring into the lake.

"Very well" she stuck out her tongue.

"Of course, after all your half husband is here" I smirked.

"Half husband, seriously?" she rolled her eyes.

"You said I do to him!" I yelled.

"When are you going to stop being jealous of Howard " Freya chuckled.

"Not planning in a long time" I lifted her up in a bridal style towards our honeymoon suite.

I think I have finally found my dream.

*****