Chapter 25

********* Lucas's P.O.V ********

The minute I saw that douchebag's hands on Freya I wanted to rip him apart alive. How dare he touch my girl! My body is filled with rage and all I could think is protecting her. When Freya placed herself in the line of fire my heart hammered and sweat started to form profusely on my forehead. I tried to compose myself and signaled Gavin with my eyes who is standing one step behind the tattoed guy. I'm glad Gavin took the hint and acted swiftly. 

Later at the gas station, I texted Destiny to take care of the situation and made sure he is not going to harm Freya again. As I am staring at the clouded skies from my glass window and lost in thoughts I heard footsteps approaching me.

"After all, I'm not wrong, you didn't even flinch for a second back there" Gavin patted my back. 

"I..I'm sorry" I muttered. 

"What? Did the sunrise west today? The great Lucas Weissman is apologizing"? he sneered. 

"I truly am sorry and thanks for saving us back there," I said more like whispered

"Bro, this doesn't suit you, you know right? Where's my fierce lion king all I now see a cute badger?" he smirked.  

"There you go again" I rolled my eyes.

"Does this mean we are good?" a bright grin appeared on his face. 

"You know I owe you one"! I just couldn't manage to let the word sorry again out of my mouth.

"No, it was partly my fault I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me. I know why it is so important for you to hide your real identity. Anyways you're and will always be my bro, Luca"! We fist-bumped. 

I'm glad our little conflict got resolved. Back of my mind I always thought about calling up Gavin and apologize but dropped the idea as my ego was too big for that. 

******** Freya's P.O.V ********

It's a bright and vibrant day today with the sun coming out from the blanket of the clouds and the trees embracing their autumn colours to the fullest. The cold and darkness that came along with the rain have long gone. 

We all assembled at the kitchen meeting hall. Mr.Nolan briefly discussed the menu we will be preparing "The upcoming 5G launch event of Weissman-Mace Tech industries is one of the biggest tech events and hence we are expected to have around 500 VIP's from various countries. After our head chef's meeting yesterday we decided the menu to be mostly consisting of French-Italian cuisine along with some fusion dishes. Also, we are aiming to have a balance of vegetarian, vegan alternatives to traditional ones. It's going to be a Sit-down Dinner style and refreshments to be served in between the presentations and talks". 

Here comes the next thing on today's list which I am eagerly waiting for!

"We decided to have two new innovative dishes on the menu this time, one being our head chef Mr.Silver Matt's vegan Tempeh and Mushroom Bourguignon. We are here to decide the other one as we have a tie between Sous Chef Miss Ariana Fennell's dish Avocado Ratatouille Rice Bowl and Sous Chef Freya's Escargot mushroom Thai pasta" Mr. Nolan announced.

We were given an hour to prepare and present our dishes. Then all the five head chefs including Howard tasted dishes and my heart is beating faster. After a half an hour-long wait which seemed to be an eternity all our attention is diverted towards the stage with Mr.Nolan's entry. 

"Both the dishes are equally rich in taste but we decided to go with Miss Freya's dish as it appeals to our international crowd due to its fusion of classic Italian food with French ingredients and Thai spices" Mr.Nolan announced merrily.

Everyone applauded.

We were given some more instructions and handed out the schedule before we all started to disperse.

"It must be nice to have connections" Chef Ariana my early competitor snarled at me as we are leaving the hall.

"Don't mind her, she's just jealous, your dish really sounded innovative", Karen backed me up.

*****************

This Chapter is a bit of a filler but the more exciting stuff is about to come, guys, so please give lots of love to "Billionaire's Identity" <3: Lk