Chapter 32

******* Lucas's P.O.V *******

As I opened my eyes the apartment is still and empty. Seems like Robert and Destiny have long gone. There is breakfast on the table but I see Freya nowhere. I didn't like the way things ended between us last night before Robert and Destiny came. After the heated passionate kiss, we shared I don't think I want to be home alone. We need to address what happened right? And there she just disappeared like it doesn't matter to her! I tried calling Fre but she's not responding. I asked Destiny to get the car ready, I have an idea where she might be.

The fuck! I knew I'd find her in the lake spot but the fact she's engulfed in Howy's arms boiled my blood. I felt like a sharp spear has cut through my heart. All this time she liked Howard? and it's just an act with me? I couldn't witness the outrageous scene in front of me anymore and turned back and asked Destiny to drive us back to my penthouse.

****** Freya's P.O.V ******

I crouched down to get to Bella's level and kissed her forehead adjusting her cute little bangs.

"Bel! You can't call Freya mommy" Howard folded his arms with a disapproving nod.

"Why not! She's beautiful like mommy Rachael and loves me" Bella pouted.

"Cuz she's is not married to Dady" Mrs.Hanks stepped in.

Mrs.Hanks is Howard's mother and the definition of classic beauty. She doesn't look one day over 40. Howard is blessed with the same genes, and everyone thinks he's in mid-twenties or something while in fact, he is 34! 

I first met Mrs.Hanks the day I met Howard eight years ago at the hospital. I was a teenager in my senior high and mom was admitted in the hospital. I ran into Howard accidentally when I was buying medicines at the pharmacy. He was in the hospital for his wife's chemotherapy session. Rachel, a lovely and kind-hearted woman, one only woman in Howard's life. They were childhood sweetheart's and eventually got married. They found out Rachael is suffering from leukemia and regularly visited the hospital. After mom passed away Howard, Rachael, Mrs. Hanks was my world. Howard hired me as Rachel's caretaker. When her health got better, Howard recommended Mr.Brown and I was recruited as a kitchen helper.  Rachel got pregnant and had Bella five years ago. Those were the happiest days of my life, of our lives. The happiness doesn't last long as Rachael's cancer relapsed and she left us three years ago. Since then Howard made his work his life diverting his attention from the loss of Rachel while Mrs.Hanks took care of Bella. I wanted to help Mrs.Hanks but Howard wanted me to live my life. I always tried to make him smile like before and trained under his guidance to be the chef he wants me to be. His dream became mine and his aspirations became my inspiration.

We always meet at the lake spot at least once a month and have a picnic for the sake old times.

Mrs. Hanks and Bella went to buy cotton candy while Howard and I sat under the ash tree.

"So, what's the deal?" asked Howard.

"What?" I blushed.

"I know there's something going on between you and the assistant guy, are you gonna tell me or do I have to ask"? Howard Chuckled. 

"Well, the thing is..", I told Howard about, how I'm living at Leo's place, what happened at the casino, meeting Robert and destiny and my growing feelings for Leo.

"I'm glad that you're finding your own happiness Fre, but I'm not sure he is the right guy for you. There's something about him that doesn't seem right. I respect whatever your decision is but just let me say we all got your back" he engulfed me in a small friendly hug.

**********

This Chapter is dedicated to all the people suffering from Leukemia and other kinds of cancer and I sincerely wish they are blessed with the courage to face tough times. 

Honestly! Did you guys expect a Love triangle? I hate them the worst because it makes me feel bad for one person in the Trio. Anyways I hope you guys had a little insight into Lucas's and Freya's past from this and previous chapter. Please share your love for Billionaire's Identity by voting, commenting and sharing <3: LK