Chapter 34

****** Lucas's P.O.V******

Shit! That clueless blonde messed up everything! Well, what the fuck I was thinking provocating her like that in the first place knowing her well! 

"I'm so sorry Fre, after what happened between us on Thanksgiving I was mad at how you disappeared the next morning without even a word and how you didn't take any of my calls. I was so upset and.." I tried banging the door harder. No response from the other side. I know she's listening to me though.

"Then what's with you and Rita flirting in my face since the morning?" a sharp comment from the other side of the room with a voice mixed with anger and agony. 

"That was just a misunderstanding. There's nothing going on between me and the blo..uh Rita. I did that stupid deliberate flirting with her in front of you just to tease you. I swear I was just changing my clothes but then Rita suddenly came from behind and kissed me. I was as shocked as you were.  If you don't believe me, we can go up to her and ask what happened" putting a full stop to my monologue the door got wide opened with much force than usually needed accompanying a Zombie-like person with bulging red eyes. 

"All you have to do is ask me! I went to the lake spot yesterday to have a picnic with Howard's family which I usually do every month. I planned to return soon and my cell phone was on silent so I didn't see your calls. But I called you all day yesterday when I came back and your cell phone is switched off and even Destiny doesn't know where you are! I was worried sick to death thinking of what danger might have fallen upon you!" Freya hit my muscular chest with her tiny fists tears still running all over her face.

I engulfed her in a tight hug as she continued to resist. Eventually, she gave up in my arms.

After a long silence, "Do you like me?" Freya muttered in a low voice. 

Like she had to ask. 

"No,"  I said in a suspenseful tone. I can say she's taken aback by that comment both physically and mentally as she took a step back from my embrace.

I lifted her head and cupped her face and looked straight into her mesmerizing eyes and said: " I don't like you, I love you!"

There you go finally I uttered the most dangerous word that ever existed in the English language ever. I know I'm fucked up. I shouldn't be loving her, that was not the plan but somehow things ended up this way.

She looked at me with a face more confused than ever. 

"I know you love me too Ms. Keller" I smirked. 

"And what makes you think that?" she rolled her eyes in disbelief at my arrogance. 

"Of course the way you were green since the morning says it all" I smirked again.

She raised a brow and playfully hit my arm. I pulled her closer to me, so close indeed that I didn't even want the molecules to take up space between us and adjusted a few strands of hair that fell on her face before tightly pressing my lips on to her. She responded equally in no time and we were kissing like there's no tomorrow.

She suddenly lost her balance and I thought she fell into a trance due to the power of my almighty kissing but oh boy I couldn't be so wrong. Her sugar levels dropped because she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday as she was busy worrying about me. I called Destiny to arrange a surprise while Freya is busy recharging her body with a sugar-filled coke. 

"Alright Let's go and have some dinner" I announced merrily.

I could see Freya's jaw dropped with surprise looking at the black limo outside our apartment.

"What is this?" her eyes widened as I held the door out open for her.

"Well I rented it, you remember uncle Robert works for car sales right" I lied through my teeth.

"But there's no need for this, we could have just gone to the 24.."

I placed my forefinger on her lips interrupting her "Our first date can't be at a 24*7 store!"

I could see her cheeks turn crimson.

We stopped in front of Le Magnifique Bitfeck  , one of the most expensive restaurants in the country if not in the world. 

"But.." I stopped her before she finished the rest of the sentence.

"I got this, my friend works here as a chef, your boyfriend's connections go far way than you can imagine" I winked.

Her eyes widened at the word boyfriend but she didn't oppose me for the usage of it.

She looked down at our sweat pants and hoodies and the restaurant and sighed.

"Don't worry no one's gonna pay attention to our attire" I reassured her.  Of course, I fuckin reserved the entire place for us for the whole night. There's gonna be no one to look at us let alone laugh at us. I held her hand gently and as our fingers entangled I lead her inside the restaurant.

We had a delicious 2000 vintage cote de boeuf with Domaine de la Romanée-Conti RC Grand Cru vintage wine. The pleasurable moans leaving her soft and kissable lips made me want to take her right now right there but I've got plans for that later at night. It took no time for all my dreams to vapourize into the thin air in seconds when she leaned her head on my shoulders in the car on our way back. She is sleeping like a baby and she probably deserved it after a long day of enduring my stupid actions. I carefully lifted her up in bridal style and made our way to the apartment and placed her on the bed. As I was about to leave she held my hand.

********

Thank you so much for your support so far guys, follow me for more updates on "Billionaire's Identity" and my future works.  

Please vote vote vote comment comment comment <3 : LK