Chapter 36

*** Lucas's P.O.V***

"Gavin! Is this some kind of sick joke? You and Winona? If it is you should stop that shit right now! Stella's at the apartment and crying her eyeballs out" I shouted. 

Gavin buried his head into his hands and began to talk after taking in a deep breath. 

"Last week Winny asked me to meet her" he continued. 

***Flashback (Gavin's P.O.V)***

"Hi Winny, how's it going?" I pulled her in a small hug.

"I'm great Gav, it's becoming hard to see our other friend's face these days" she smirked.

"Other friend"? I raised a brow. 

"Lu! It's becoming rare that we get to see him these days, he didn't even attend the launch event, can you believe that?" she widened her eyes. 

"Yeah I know, he's been sick" I lied as if it was the truth. 

"Sick of pretending"? She raised a brow.

"Haha you are hilarious" I tried to laugh it out.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" I could see her creased eyebrows and a stern facial expression.

"I don't know what you're talking Winny, you're acting strange" I stuttered.

"Common Gav don't try to lie to me, I've heard you and Lu talking near the lift at Walton's, I was inside the hall that day" she declared. 

I felt like I've drunk a potion of rotten eggs and snake piss and stood there utterly speechless at her revelation. 

"Tell me what is it that the two of you hiding? He said about changing his identity for a girl, who's she? Where is he now? and why he changed his identity?" Winny demanded.

"I..I'm sorry Winny but I can't tell you anything about it. I made a promise to Luca" 

"Gav common tell me! You'll regret if you don't" she raised her voice as if it's a warning. 

"Sorry but I really can't" I stood my ground. 

"You know I'm not a really forgiving person Gav if you don't tell me right now what's that secret is I'm gonna make your life a living hell" Winny threatened me.

"Do what you want Winny but I can't tell anything more than this for now" and I stormed out of the room

*** Flashback ends ***

"What?" I felt the numbness in my body as if 1000 volts of electricity has passed through me. "So, the cheating, it's Winona's doing?"

"Yes Luca, I was drugged and it's all a set up threatening my relationship with Stella. Winny told me that she won't tell the truth to Stella unless I speak the truth about your identity first but I didn't tell her anything" 

My head was revolving all around and I couldn't think of a way out of this. How dare that bitch did this to Gav??

"Destiny at the door, Shall I open the door, Sir?" Alexa interrupted us and I was shocked at her uncalled presence.

 "Sir, it's Ms.Mace she's at the hub, I saw her car there and I've been trying to reach you but I couldn't" Destiny gasped as she entered inside.

I immediately rushed to the hub with Gavin and Destiny.

******* Freya's P.O.V*******

My phone bell rang and it's Karen. "Hi, Freya, Miss Mace came here asking for you, when are you gonna come here to the hub? She's waiting"

"Mace? Winona Mace"? my eyes widened.

"What happened Freya? What about her?" Stella shook my arm. 

Let's go. I grabbed Stella's hand and went to the hub with her. Judging from Winona's advances on Howard at the Launch event I feel like confronting her is the only way to get some answers regarding her and Gavin.

"So we meet again!" a smirk on Winona's eyes.

"You bitch! How dare you? " Stella screamed.

"Stel, stop, let's hear her out first" I talked down Stella  and "What is it that you wanna talk to me Ms.Mace?"

"What's your relationship with Lucas Weissman?" Winona questioned. 

"Mr.Weissman? I don't know what you're talking about I've just met him once, that night at Stella's party" I replied. 

"Don't lie to me. If that's true why would he recommend your dish at the launch?" asked Winona.

"What are you saying?" I was very confused by her accusations. 

"Yes, Chef Ariana told me that Walton head Chefs we're instructed to select your dish on the menu even before the competition. Even the catering contract was given to your hub on account of Weissman industries recommendation and far as I know such big decisions at Weissman doesn't usually be taken without the approval of Lucas Weissman!" Winona explained herself. 

I was shocked at what I'm hearing." Why would Mr.weissman do that?"

"You tell me why would he do that?" she smirked. 

************

Vote vote vote comment comment comment guys, it means alot <3 :LK