Chapter 23

******** Freya's P.O.V ********

"By the way, what happened with the situation with your landlord? you said you figured it out, where are you living now"? Stella asked casually spinning the empty cup in her hand.

"A friend helped me out, I'm living there for the time being" I sipped my Matcha.

"Is that friend Leo by any chance?" a teasing look on her eyes.

"What"! I choked on my Matcha.

"Medium boiled hah, I knew you guys are dating"!! she pinched my arm playfully. 

"No, you are mistaken he's just helping me out and and .. we're good friends", I tried to hide my crimson cheeks.

"No I'm not mistaken, you like him for sure! The way you are looking at him, anyone can deduce that much," she said with confidence.

"But.." I paused.

"What is it Fre? You know that you can share anything with me right" she pressed my palms gently.

Stella is my best friend. I should be honest with her. I told her about what I did when I was drunk and how Leo was indifferent to my advances.

"Umm, I see, at least we can assume he's a good guy not taking advantage of a drunk girl. How about we find out if he feels anything for you?" a bright spark on her emerald eyes.

"How will we do that"? I asked nervously. 

"Leave it to me" she rubbed her hands together while a mischievous smile appeared on her lips.

After a while, Leo and Gavin came to the parking lot and we drove to the amusement park section adjoined to the hotel and the mall. We teamed up. Leo and me as one, Stella and Gavin another and started with the bowling alley, shooting range, arcade basketball. Personally, I am not an athletic person at all but we won everything because of Leo, he's damn perfect and multi-talented!  

Then we visited the bar near the casino section. This time I remember to control my alcohol intake, unlike last time. Gavin and Leo went to get some more drinks for them while Stella and I are chit-chatting. It's time to execute Stella's masterplan. She told me to bump into the guy on our left and try to spill the drink on him. He is a huge guy with bald head covered in tattoos, just by the look of him, anyone would know not to mess with this guy. Before I resist her absurd idea Stella pushed me towards the tattoed guy and the drink spilled all over his expensive suit.

"What the" he scowled at me.

"I'm I'm" before I let a sorry out of my mouth Stella interfered and said to the tattooed guy "Next time you should look ahead while walking" 

I could literally see the raging flames of anger on the tattoed guy's eyes.

"How dare you bitch, your friend dashed me first and now you're acting up" the guy suddenly wrapped his arm around my neck from behind as if he wants to strangle me.

"I'm really sorry it's my fault" I barely uttered those words unable to breathe properly under his vicious grip.

"Get your hands off her!" I heard a voice filled with rage.

"What if I don't?" I could feel the tattooed guy's grip tightened around my neck.

I saw the shattered glass over the floor and a tall angry figure of Leo coming towards us through my watery eyes filled with fear. Before I knew what happened I have been pulled away from the tattoed guy's grip and Leo landed a punch on the guy's face which made him fall on to the ground.

Leo ran towards me and held me in his arms while I'm still trembling in terror. 

"Freya are you okay? I'm here, he can't do anything to you, if he lay his finger on you again I'm going to kill him" I could feel his wrath. 

The tattoed guy got up from the ground, erased the dripping blood from his nose with the back of his hand and pulled a gun at us "Do you think I'm gonna let you go with this?" 

**************

Please don't be a silent reader and share your love by commenting and liking <3: LK 

PS: I have nothing against tattoed people, I love tattoos my self, it's just for the sake of storytelling.