~6~ He said he'd do it

I sat at my new desk and worked out a few more designs until the end of the working day. There were no further incidents and no further discussions. Everybody was doing his job.

At the end of the working day I got dressed and said goodbye. Wang Mina asked me if I came by car. I shook my head and told her that I prefer to come by bus in the morning because the traffic is always hell.

And then she had the grandiose idea that her son should drive me home. She also said: "Then he might as well help you pack. And then bring you with your things to our house. You can always collect the rest that doesn't fit in his car."

I was honestly speechless. So they really meant it, that I should live with them? Why? I'm a grown man and I have my own apartment, and I value my privacy.

I tried to explain that to Wang Mina too, but the whole family obviously does not know the word no or does not accept it. Anyway, Wang Yibo looked at me with a grin and said " Fine, let's go." Grabbed my hand and we were on our way to the elevator.

"Do we really have to hold hands?" I ask Wang Yibo and stare at our entangled fingers.

"Yes, we do." Answer me Wang Yibo with a grin.

"Why?"

"Because it's fun and you can't run away."

"Where would I run off to?"

"Who knows."

"What's that supposed to mean? You think I'd just run away?"

"Not necessarily run away. Anyway, we'll go to your home now, pack your things and then you'll live with my parents and me for a while. I'm really excited to get to know you better."

"Uh, okay."

"Oh, crap, I must have left my phone at the office. Wait here, I'll be right back." And already Wang Yibo disappeared in the elevator again and I stood at the exit to the parking garage and waited.

When two minutes later the elevator doors opened, I thought Wang Yibo was already back. But unfortunately it was not my boss, but He Peng.

He immediately got angry when he saw me and pushed me against the exit door. "I'm glad I met you again, asshole. I lost my job because of you, and you'll pay for it."

"I didn't do anything." I replied in a scratchy voice, because He Peng pressed his forearm against my throat. Breathing was difficult for me but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction and show him that I was scared.

"If it weren't you, my cousin would have been hired and then I'd still have my job. But no, they had to hire a good-for-nothing like you, while my cousin, an unemployed father, does not know how to feed his family. This is all your fault!"

"No, it's not. Hires are made on ability, not pity for family background." I'm marbling. I feel myself getting dizzy and my vision blurred. I'm scared, I'm panicky, but I can't and won't show it to him.

And the moment I thought I would lose my consciousness, someone tore He Peng away from me. I coughed, my eyes were watering and when my vision cleared up again, I saw Wang Yibo, who punched his fist right into He Peng's face. Once, a second time and a third time, he punched with full force.

"I told you, one more thing and you'll see my unfriendly side. Now you've definitely gone too far and I'm not going to let that pass. I'm gonna teach you some manners!" Wang Yibo screamed.

Wang Yibo sent me to the parking garage to wait for him. A little hesitant I went out and waited for Wang Yibo a few meters away from the door. A few times I asked myself, should I just walk to the next bus stop and go home?

My second chance to love! [YiZhan FanFiction] ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara