~34~ Yibo's two sides

Today Yibo and I had our first day at my in-laws' company and also our first, quite intense, fight. And the morning had started so well.

We got up together in the morning, took a shower, got dressed and then went downstairs for breakfast. Yibo and I talked the night before about the fact that we wanted to separate business and private life. Sure, I said. I had no intention of showing off my relationship with him there either.

We left the house together and went to the car that once belonged to Seo Joon and is now ours. I was surprised that Yibo sat in the back of the car while I had to drive. I just didn't think anything of it yet.

When we arrived at the parking garage, Yibo gave me another kiss and then put on a stony face. His work look, as he calls it. Aha, I thought and said nothing more about it. You probably need such a look as a CEO to be respected by other older and more experienced people.

When I arrived at the office, I got to know the other side of Yibo as soon as he started his computer and told me it would be nice if I did that for him in the future before he starts working. He also sent me out to get some coffee.

I put the coffee on his place, stayed next to him for a moment until he suddenly said: "I'll let you know if I need anything else. You can sit down at your desk and compile and print out the current sales figures and buyer lists and put them together for the meeting later."

So I went to my desk, slightly confused, and did what I was supposed to do. In between I had to get some files and folders for Yibo. Go get this, take care of that, do it faster and so on.

Already for breakfast I was annoyed and exhausted. When the meeting started, I wanted to sit next to Yibo and he looked at me asking, "Do you see any of the other personal assistants sitting?" He asked me, and I stood up again immediately. This was when I thought that the work Yibo is an asshole Yibo. Of course he takes his work very seriously and is very professional, but I was totally annoyed.

The heads of production, sales, marketing and finally my in-laws came to the meeting, which lasted one hour. Yibo was constantly taking notes and then handed them to me after the meeting. "Type everything up neatly, print it out and put it on my desk, thank you." I slowly got angry, nodded, bowed to everyone and rushed past Yibo into the office.

I then spent my lunch break transcribing Yibo's notes, typing them, printing them out and then neatly laying them on his desk. After that he sent me back and forth through the whole building again to do some work.

If that was all, okay, but he had a problem with everything. He said I was too slow, this or that was missing, others I had to come to alone on it, and I had to type his notes again and in the right order, with certain paragraphs and hints.

At some point I was so angry that I wanted to throw my laptop in his face.

Around 6 PM it was finally time to go home, my stomach growled because of the missed lunch break, I was tired and heavily annoyed by Yibo's boss behaviour. We came to the parking garage and my boss, sat back in the car and let me drive him home. And as soon as we left the car, he looked at me and smiled. "This has been a long, hard day." He said with a grin.

I was really confused by his suddenly different behavior and closed the door of the car, got behind the wheel again and drove away. I needed some time to myself. I drove to the next subway, ordered a sandwich and a salad and a water. And while Yibo kept trying to call me, I ate up in peace.

After I strengthened myself, I drove back home where an angry Yibo asked me why I left. "I don't know, sir, maybe I was just catching up on my lunch hour." I bitched and ran past him.