~27~ Like a soap opera

Yibo has been gone for two weeks and will finally be back tomorrow. He called me every day whenever he had time and wrote me a lot of messages. Last night on the phone he said he couldn't wait to get back. Earlier he called me again and told me that tomorrow at 2:15 PM his plane will land in Beijing and he asked me to pick him up at the airport.

The last two weeks were otherwise rather quiet. Within a week my old apartment was sold, I visited the orphanage with a check and played with the children. Went to a new art exhibition, visited the theatre and a concert and had been jogging every day.

Every morning I asked myself what to do today and I always found something and then I was amazed how quickly the day was over. Still, the two weeks, at least as far as Yibo was concerned, felt like two long weeks. I was very happy that Yibo contacted me every day and wrote me so much. Somehow this is a proof that he is really interested in me.

Now that he will be back tomorrow, I am curious to see how things will go on with us. It's only 8 days until we move to Seoul. Not very long now. My in-laws called me and said everything is already prepared. They had prepared the upper floor for Yibo and me. At that time, they wanted Seo Joon and me to move in with them and we should get the upper floor as well.

My mother-in-law said that Yibo and I would have our own rooms, with our own bathroom. Also, a common room and a kitchenette where we can cook. And then there is the bedroom, which was actually meant for Seo Joon and me and hasn't been changed since then. After all, Seo Joon had it decorated according to our taste.

***

At the airport...

After I got up this morning I went jogging, then I took a shower and after that I changed the bedding. I also went shopping and the fridge is now filled to the brim. I called Yibo's mom and asked her what Yibo likes to eat and what he doesn't.

I also prepared a stew which we only have to warm up later. He will surely be tired from the long flight. Then he can eat quickly and then go to sleep.

Besides, his mother had scolded him for interrupting his vacation. She told him that his dad could have gone to New York, too. But all he said was, "Now it's too late and I'm already in New York." His mother asked me why I didn't go with him, I didn't even know I could. But apart from that, I didn't feel like New York. I had already been there several times and had already seen everything that was worth seeing and waiting for Yibo all day in the hotel, I didn't feel like it either.

The plane has just landed and Yibo is about to arrive. I am looking forward to see him again.

I stood in the waiting area and looked to the escalator until I finally saw Yibo. He looked very tired. He carried his suitcase, it looked like one of the wheels was missing. When he reached the bottom of the escalator, I wanted to take a few steps towards him and then stopped abruptly when I saw someone approaching and hugging him. I tried to get a closer look at the person and when I recognized the guy, my blood almost froze in my veins. Tim, his ex-boyfriend!

Slowly I stepped aside a few steps and stared in the direction of the two men hugging each other. I thought about what I should do. Should I approach the two of them and pretend that I didn't mind? Or should I leave the two of them alone so that they can talk? After all, I'm sure they still have a few things to talk about.

In the end, after about half a minute of consideration, I decided on the latter. Yibo told me that he has finished with his ex-boyfriend, but I think after what I told him, the two of them might still have something to talk about. And besides, I'm cooking inside and know that I can't pretend that I don't care about seeing the two together.