Chapter 18: Goodbye tavern

From that day on, Xie Tao occasionally received various pastries from Wei Yun, some of which she had never eaten.

He is still reticent and seems to be very busy, but often he will reply to her messages.

And staying on the screen of her mobile phone, the portrait as the wallpaper, she always looks at it, still feels particularly amazing.

That afternoon, Xie Tao got a part-time salary in a dessert shop.

Not much, only more than one thousand yuan.

Coupled with the money she made by distributing flyers and selling shortbread candies online, after paying the rent, she still has some left.

Because she started to take on the burden of life too early, Xie Tao knew very well how difficult the ordinary achievements made by firewood, rice, oil, salt, sauce and vinegar tea are in such a world of fireworks.

She hardly buys snacks, and she doesn't eat much meat in a month.

Sometimes it's too late to work part-time in a dessert shop, so she just comes back and just grabs instant noodles for dinner.

But today, after the salary was paid, Xie Tao decided to go to the vegetable market to buy some meat and cook by herself.

But when she walked towards the community with the meat and vegetables she bought, everything in front of her didn't know when it started to become a vague shadow.

Only one quaint house stood safe.

Among the blurred black surroundings, the lantern hung under the eaves of that house was the only light source in front of her.

"..."

Even though Xie Tao had experienced such a thing for the second time, she was still a little unbelievable when she saw it with her own eyes.

The teenager in a light-colored short-sleeved shirt leaned against the door frame, with a grass in his mouth, and looked at her with a smile, "Meet Sister Taozi again."

"...I rushed home to cook." Xie Tao stood there with a bag of vegetables, and said dryly.

Xie Lan gave a tut, and swayed down the steps with the flip flops. When he walked in front of Xie Tao, he pulled her sleeves and directly dragged her to the entrance of the tavern.

"It just so happens. I want to eat braised pork. You can cook it."

? ? ?

Why is his eyes so good? See the meat in her bag?

"...That's my meat." Xie Tao said.

Xie Lan spit out the grass in his mouth, "Sister, this is what's wrong with you, what's yours and mine, step into this door, we won't distinguish between you and me."

When Xie Tao heard his words, she shrank back when she was about to step into the door, and stood still outside the threshold.

"Then I won't go in..."

Xie Lan didn't expect that she would have this one. He stretched out his hands directly, clasped her shoulders, and easily lifted her into the door.

"..."

Xie Tao was completely stunned.

In the end, all the vegetables and meat she was holding in her hand were made into three dishes and one soup in the back kitchen of the tavern.

While holding the bowl and sitting on the stool, Xie Tao picked up a piece of braised pork, bowed her head and took a bite of rice, and when she looked up again, she was shocked.