13

they had just pulled up to the event and taehyung could not help but to bounce his leg, he felt nervous. he did not want to be in front of the camera's, the only person he could talk to was jungkook. when they got out the car, he followed brianna who went towards the building while jungkook had to walk on the red carpet. 

taehyung watched as the camera's and paparazzi went crazy as soon as jungkook stepped onto the red-carpet. the brunette quickly went inside with brianna, watching as some people turned to look at them. he recognised a few famous people. he felt his anxiety hit the roof, as the crowd got larger he ended up losing brianna. 

he looked around his surroundings and saw a large table with food, he helped himself like others were and walked outside. he smiled when he noticed no one else was out there, he sat away from the windows so that no one would see him. he looked up at the night sky, it felt peaceful. 

he had not even been there for a minute and he already wanted to go home, this was just not his crowd. he does not get how jungkook does it. 

he was only inside for a few seconds and he already wanted to go home, he could try go home? maybe get a taxi. half of him feels bad for even thinking that, jungkook seemed really happy that he was tagging a long. 

"what are you doing out here?" taehyung turned around when he heard a voice to see a face he immediately recognised. 

"a-ah, got a little intimidated being in there" was what the brunette blurted out, and quickly turned around. he could not believe he was talking to khalid. a famous singer. 

"I get that, mind if I join you?" the male asked, smiling when taehyung smiled and shook his head. pushing himself to the side so khalid has somewhere to sit. 

"did you come as a plus one?" 

"yeah" 

"who did you come with?"

"jeon jungkook"

"oh I love him! his voice is incredible" khalid complemented, taking a sip of his drink. 

"how come your not inside?" taehyung asked, trying to calm down his racing heart.

"sometimes being in such a large crowd with such influential people can be very overwhelming. especially when I am being asked lot's of questions about my next album and what inspired me to write an album. sometimes I feel like I would feel different if I was having a conversation with someone, like this and it was quiet."

"but inside it felt hot and I was in a large group and it just got too much" 

taehyung nodded, he could only imagine what that would feel like. 

"do you guys not have a choice to come to these things?" 

"we do, but a lot of peoples management teams push idols, artist and actors to come to these events to create connections. in these types of careers a lot of people only care about the money, not about the passion" khalid spoke, clam voice presented as he looked at taehyung who was staring at the ground. 

"are you and jungkook friends?" 

"not really, it is a long story but in short we bumped into each other at my work and he invited me to come along with him to see what life is like for him" taehyung explained, looking up to glance at the male next to him who hummed and nodded. 

"what do you think so far?" 

"honestly, a lot goes more into that lifestyle than I noticed before hand. I still want to learn more and see where things go but jungkook definitely is not who I thought he was" 

"he is a good person" the brunette smiled, eyes looking towards the night sky. 

"I could never do what you guys do, walking past those camera's I was worried photo's of me would appear online" 

khalid chuckled and let out a sigh. 

"sometimes I question why I do what I do. I love singing and love creating music that help people, but the privacy breaches and constant stalkers make you question if this career is really worth it" 

that sentence stuck to taehyung. he had wondered if jungkook had any experiences of stalking and he realised that the pictures he took of jungkook was sort of a privacy breach. he never thought about how it could make jungkook feel. 

especially since he was getting money off of his life. it felt wrong now.