56

jungkook felt his hands starting to get sweaty, the sun was starting to set and he had just finished setting up the lights. he was pacing back and forward a little as he made sure everything was set and ready to go. he had gotten taehyung's parents to go watch a movie in the theatre room.

he was lucky when taehyung did not follow them in and decided to watch tv in the lounge, the curtains were shut so he could not see anything. there was a high chance that if the brunette were to come outside for any reason or go into the kitchen he would definitely see him.

but it was worth the risk.

he was thinking about all the things he wanted to say, the words that he could finally share with the male. but he also wanted answers? he wanted to know what happened between them and why they stopped talking.

he approached the house, quickly grabbing the basket of food he hid in the kitchen and took it back outside. he let out a shaky breath as he feet lead him back towards the house, his view on taehyung's back.

"taehyung" jungkook whispered, smiling slightly as he watched the brunette turn around to look at him then turn down the volume of the TV.

"you okay?" taehyung asked, shuffling around to face jungkook who walked towards him. he was unsure as to why the raven held his hand out towards him.

"follow me" jungkook smiled, thankfully taehyung did not question it for even a second. taehyung was not sure as to where they were going but as soon as he was lead outside, his eyes landed on the christmas lights that were hung around the tree.

then the picnic area that had a beautiful view of the ocean, the sun was setting as they both sat down.

"what is all this?" he decided to ask, thanking jungkook soon after he draped a blanket over him.

"in all honesty I dont know what to call it" the raven whispered, soon sitting down next to him.

"I wanted to do something nice for you, wanted to talk to you about a few things" jungkook said afterwards. taehyung slowly nodded his head, smiling slightly as jungkook handed up a drink.

the brunette felt like he was waiting forever as the raven tried to gather courage to talk.

"you know, I felt like I have spent so long by myself. I felt like I was never going to find someone who makes me happy or gives me joy"

"yeah I do have other friends, two close friends that I am forever grateful for but ever since we met you showed me a whole new meaning to life" jungkook whispered, looking at taehyung who did not look away once.

"meeting your family was also such a beautiful gift, the love and care your parents have given me has been such a filling feeling that I have never gotten to experience"

"we are both alot more alike then we would both like to admit" jungkook smiled when taehyung chuckled a little, the raven cleared his throat as he gently rubbed his thumb over the brunette's hand.

"that moment when we first got to spend time together on my half of the challenge, was very eye opening to me"

"I wont lie and deny that those days did not give me butterflies cause they did. my feelings for you grew every hour we spent together and I finally realised by feelings for you that day you got hurt"

"I kicked myself so much for putting you in a place where you got hurt, I spent a lot of the nights when you slipped under the covers of my bed because you were to scared to sleep.... thinking about how I failed to make sure you were safe"

"hearing your life story and being able to protect you now from someone who is hurting you and your family makes me feel like I am gaining your trust back" jungkook whispered, looking towards taehyung who's eyes were watery.

'you never lost my trust' was what the brunette wanted to say so badly.

"when we kissed, it felt so right. but neither of us brought it up"

"you make me really happy taehyung, I have never felt this way before"

"when our challenge was over, I felt sad. we both left things in a weird path and the whole two weeks we went without talking you never left my mind"

"I could not stop thinking about you, about us, about the way we left things" the raven whispered, slowing raising his finger to brush it along taehyung's soft cheek to wipe a tear away.

"when you showed up at my house and seeing you cry broke my heart, half of me was so relieved to see you, but the other half of me was gutted to see you so upset"

taehyung felt like he could sit there all night and listen to jungkook confess his feelings and thoughts. he could not describe the feeling of hearing the raven say 'I have feelings for you', it made him feel as if he was not going crazy, or mad.

he was cut out from his own thoughts when he heard jungkook whisper "say something" in a soft tone, waiting to hear what he had to say back.