CHAPTER SIX

I awoke because of the light, I opened my eyes and found myself inside a baby crib

What am I doing here? I'm pretty sure I died back then.... But why am I in a baby crib!?

Is someone trying to play a prank on me!?

I can't move my body! Someone please help me!

"Oh my goodness,"

I heard a lady's voice coming towards me. Is that Emilia!? I swear if that's her, I'll smack her head directly to the ground!

I saw the lady's face, and noticed she looks nothing like Emilia.

Well, that's a relief. I thought

She then suddenly carried me in her arms, and uttered, "Why are you crying, Evaine?"

Wait, what!?

Evaine? As in, the wretch in the novel, Evaine Mortimer?!

"Perhaps, you're hungry," she uttered again

The three maids entered the room and started undressing her nightgown. Her chest was exposed in front of me!

No, no! I don't wanna drink the milk from your chest!

"Oh, she's crying again..." She uttered, "Do you think she don't like drinking my milk anymore?" She asked to the maids

"Perhaps, she's not hungry at the moment, your majesty," one of maids answer

Yeah! I'm not hungry! I just wanted to know why did I end up in a baby crib!

Wait did she just call her your majesty? Does that mean, she's Queen Cherith Mortimer!? The ruler of Mortimer Empire?

Am I really reborn as the wretch, Evaine!?

The queen who's carrying me lift me up and stared at me

"What do you want, Evaine?" She asks, "You're not hungry, but why are you crying?"

I don't wanna be the villainess! No! I refuse!

"Ma...ma.."

What was that? That's the only thing that came out from my mouth!?

"Did she just.... say mama?" The queen ask as her eyes dazzles

Please slap me! This is just a dream, right!?

"Ma...ma.."

"She said it again!" The queen exclaim with a bright smile on her face

Argh, it's no use....

I can't speak anything besides the word mama!

.
.
.
.
.

It's been a month since then and a rumor of me being a witch started to circulate all over the empire.

It's also the reason why her majesty hid me from the public eye. I've never been outside the palace ever since I reborn as Evaine in this world

I've never seen Evaine's father. He was also never mentioned in the novel.

"Evaine~"

I turned around and saw the queen. She carries me and kisses me on the cheeks

"How's my baby doing?" She asks

Where's Evaine's father?

"Ma....ma..."

"Hmm? I don't quite understand what you need but I believe that you're excited about your first birthday, Evaine! However, I am not sure if anyone will come since the rumor of you being a witch is still out there." She stated before she sigh, she tuck my hair behind my ear, "The people are cruel, aren't they, Evaine?"

I didn't react nor respond

Me being killed by Emilia and her friends started recalling inside my head

It breaks my heart to remember what happened, they killed me when all I have was nothing but pure intentions. I did not mean to hurt her feelings by telling her that her boyfriend hit on me, I do not want to ruin her relationship with Clarke but... what did I do to make her loathe me?

I guess, I am better off without any friends

What can I do?

I am already reborn as Evaine in this fictional world, I cannot do anything but let them go since I am no longer alive in the real world...

My death doesn't deserve any justice, I must say

How cruel...

My real mom must be very lonely out there, I left her all alone... She must be very heartbroken at the moment

She's a very good woman, I hope good thing will come to her. If only I could see her one last time to say goodbye, however, I can not do that...

I'm the worst daughter, aren't I?