CHAPTER EIGHT

The next day, as soon as I open up my eyes, I saw the queen's face looking at me as she touched my face

"Oh, did I wake you up, Evaine?" She asks, "I apologize, darling,"

She sighed and then glanced at me with sorrow visible in her eyes, "Your mommy is feeling very down these days. I know this may sound crazy, but carrying the whole empire on my shoulder, and having to take responsibility as a mother is very exhausting. Can you believe I gave birth to you at twenty?"

What!? She did!? I thought she was almost thirty or something!

"I can't believe I'm opening this up to you, but I know you won't understand what I'm saying anyway," she added, "It all started when I meet your dad at fifteen. It sounds cliche but I fell in love with him around that time. You won't believe how old he was back then. He was nineteen when we met, as far as I remember. Although he was really endearing, he was not a gentleman in any way. He has a lot of cons, but I choose to ignore it due to the fact that I believe that I am in love with that man. We kept our relationship until I turned sixteen and he was twenty. We broke up before his birthday because we have a very complicated problem through our relationship. He choose to end it, and guess what I did? I chase him and begged him not to leave me."

That man is such a jerk! I can't believe I'm carrying his blood within me!

"We met again after I turned twenty, he said he wanted me back and we should give our relationship another chance. I discovered that I was pregnant with you for 2 weeks, Evaine. He refuse to take responsibility and ended our relationship, again. Do I regret it? Yes, but after you came into my life, I felt satisfied. I can live without him, as long as I have you."

Your majesty, you deserve so much better than that. That jerk does not deserve you, and he's definitely a groomer, I must say.

"I believe I have a picture of him, let me find it," she stated as she went towards the drawer in my room

A minute later she exclaim, "Here it is!"

She dashes towards me and showed me a picture of my so-called 'father'.

He's very endearing, to be honest, he has crimson eyes like mine and he has black hair. In the photo, he appears like a very respectable aristocrat. However, after I heard the queen's story about him, I disdain him.

I wish him the most horrible and most painful death of history!

I lift my arms, like saying I want her to carry me. She smiles and carried me in her arms. I couldn't help myself but hug her

You'll meet Zillah's father soon, your majesty. I'm optimistic that this time, you will not suffer yet another heartbreaking experience.

"Festival is almost near, Evaine, would you like to see it with me?" She said

I stared at her and nod, I want to see how they celebrate festivals in this world

And it's also my chance to see what the empire looks like.