CHAPTER ELEVEN

The town's so bright, smiles are visible on every individuals' faces. I wanted to see how I carries Evaine's life in the future. I'm really looking to it

"Gather around, ladies and gentlemen! The game for young adults is officially starting!" The nobleman announced in the town's square

The queen is still carrying me as she watches the game below

"Just remember, the contestants must not be married nor have his or her special someone! We don't want to cause some fuss throughout the course of your relationship because of this game!" The announcer laughs, "The ladies must be on the right side, whilst the men shall be on the left side!"

The contestants started to line up

"So, the first partner to pop this three water balloons using their lips shall be honoured as the new lovers for a day!"

After the announcer said it, the queen awkwardly chuckles, "Pardon myself, I believe it's time for Evaine's nap."

"Not to worry, your majesty, I can take it from here. You must enjoy the rest of the event, your majesty." Merry stated

The queen smiles, "Thank you, Merry,"

Merry carries me and brought me back to the castle.

"Are you sleepy yet, lady Evaine?" She asks as she gently put me inside my craddle

I shook my head as my response. She thought for a bit and grab a book from the bookshelf inside my room

"Would you like me to read you the tale of an fox-tailed princess?" She asks again, and this time, I nod my head

She grabbed a chair beside my craddle and started reading the book

"Once upon a time, there was a fox-tailed princess. Despite of her royalty, she was treated as an outcast because of her unusual appearance. She tried her hardest to hide her fox tail so everyone accepts her, but whatever she does, her fox-tail still showing. One day, she found a seed from a very bright tree. The tree said: 'Take the seed and it shalt grow into another bigger and brighter tree.' The little girl smiles and happily took the seed back to her castle to plant it. Time passes by, the seed turned into a seedling. She gave all her tender loving care to her little tree. Years passed, people noticed the beautiful tree from the castle's garden. Plenty of people wanted to take the tree for themselves. The brighter tree said: 'My fruits bares a delicious flavors that you can give to your people, you shalt take them and feed them.' And so, the princess did what the tree said. However, when she was giving her people the fruits from the tree, some of them cut the tree off of her garden and took it away. The fox tailed princess was devastated, she mourned for many moons because she lost the precious thing that her own people took away from her. One day, while she was walking in her garden, she notices a small seedling growing from the ground. The seedling was very familiar, it was the same little tree from her garden. By then, she bestow to cherish the new tree that her old tree gifted for her. Since then, her people waited in front of her castle every moons to taste her delicious fruit, without feeling frightened upon her unusual physique."

The tells seems very familiar. It reminds me of my old life, the girl who was betrayed and killed by the people around her. Ironic, isn't it?

I closed my eyes, I feel my heart ache whenever I remember that moment. The feeling of which I've died helplessly is piercing right through me.

I don't want to go back there...