CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Emilia's POV

Eight years ago...

"Fvck, fvck, fvck!" Nadia yelled after we ran away from the rooftop, "We murdered her!"

"Shut the hell up, Nadia! Panicking won't help us get away with this!" I exclaimed

"I— I didn't push her so I'm innocent. You guys murdered her!" Ashley stated

I pushed her and pinned her to the wall. I glared at her as I uttered, "You enjoyed filming us while we beat the crap out of her. We're all doomed because we're all involved, so don't you fvcking tell me that you're the innocent one among us! We are screwed!"

Even though I still act like this, it doesn't cover the fact that I'm shaking, and my heart rate is faster than usual. This is the first time I murdered someone because of anger.... I didn't mean to do it....

"You guys are doomed. I can get away with without breaking any sweats because the police will believe me anyway."

I glared at Clarke and slap him, "Snitch!"

He laughs at me and forcefully grabbed my chin, "You know how much I love you, Emilia, but regarding in this situation, I can't just let my brother take all my father's inheritance because I am involved in this fvcking mess. I want all of his belongings and properties, and all of that material thing will be gone once they found out I murdered someone sh*tty as you are."

I pushed him hard as I can and slapped him multiple times, I can feel my tears falling out from my eyes. I feel so betrayed, he's the only one I truly love, but this jerk is willing to sacrifice me to the police just to get away with this!

He laughs as I hit him, "Face it, Emilia, our society is doomed, so does the system of justice. They'll believe me because I'm a man, and you're you."

I punched him directly to his face

"Emilia! Stop it already!" Ashley yelled

I am panicking and was threatened, I let out a scream of agony as I cried. I repeatedly hit my head, I regret letting my emotions take over

"I'm sorry, this happened because of me...." Nadia stated and kneel down in front of me

"What— what do you mean, Nadia?" Ashley asks

"All the things I said about Camille wants to go out with Clarke isn't true.... I— I made that sh*t up. I thought it would be fun if we pick on her like we usually do to other students! I'm sorry!"

"Fun?" I laughed maniacally as I looks at her, "All of this so you can have fun!?"

"I'm really sorry, Emili—"

I couldn't stop myself, I grabbed her hair as I yelled, "You fvcking b*tch! You started this mess! We're fvcking murderers because of you!"

"I didn't expect you to push her off the rooftop, Emilia! Don't blame me for that!"

I am enrage and wanted to pull out all of her hair

"I said stop it already! You both making this worse!" Ashley shouted as she sobs, "Please stop! I do not want to go to jail! Stop it!"

I stop grabbing Nadia's hair and tried to calm myself

I swiped my tears off my face and looks at them, "We're not going to jail. I'll make a plan so we can all get away with this."

"You better be," Clarke stated, "I'll make sure this incident will never reach our parents. Good thing your boyfriend here is a kind hearted after all, huh,"

"Shut up, Clarke. Once this case ended, then you and I are over."

"Fine by me. I'd rather see anyone else than be with a criminal."

"You're a criminal too, fvcking idiot,"

"True, but with my family's money, I can make my image and reputation neat again."

I sneered, "Oh please, don't act like you're the only one who have tons of money here."

"True again, but my family are richer than all of you."

"Is that it? I heard there's some allegations regarding to your dad's company. Something about.... committing a fraud,"

"What did you just say?"

"Stop arguing already! Please! Just do whatever you want as long as I don't go to jail!" Ashley stated

"I'm really sorry, Emilia..." Nadia uttered

I looks at her and scoffs, "Spare the apologies, Nadia, we can't take Camille's life back with that. All you have to do is to act innocent as if you weren't involve in her death"

She nodded

I am still shaking because of nervousness. I really hope we can get away with this. I don't want to end up in that filthy jail