SPECIAL CHAPTER 0.1

Zillah's POV

What is my purpose in this world? Am I gonna lead a new life with my father? Or, am I gonna rot and die alone?

We're not commoners but why do I feel like my relatives treat me like one? Was it because my mother was just a daughter of a baron who had huge debt?

My mother died when she gave birth to me. Since then, they started to treat me like a slave, they made me an outcast, and they often feed me with leftovers. They never bought me anything, my father was always busy so I have my aunts to take care of me.

Even after what I've been through, I don't have any grudge against them. They're still my family, and I believe that they must've experience even worst before that's why they acted that way

People never took me seriously, they consider me as a naive girl who don't have any clue about what was going on in my surroundings. They thought that they can fool me because I am just a kid.

I chose to keep quiet all the time, to the point that I stuttered whenever I talked with people.

As I looked at Evaine earlier, she seems happy to spend her days with her servant, must be nice for her....

Her mother is always busy, but she never felt the loneliness because her servant is always there by her side.

Ever since I meet Evaine during the engagement, I must admit, she's really attractive, she also appears to be very approachable.

The truth why I didn't take her hands that day because I don't want her to see how many cuts I have in my hands from doing chores. I thought that once she saw it, she wouldn't like to touch me. She's the princess of the empire, while I am just a daughter of a marquis. In this world of monarchies, I am nothing compared to her.

However, after our interaction, I felt a warm feeling burning inside me. She's the first person who ever showed me kindness even though we're not blood related.

A faint smile formed in my face, if ever our parents got married one day, I hope we'll be in each other's side, like real sisters would...

I looked at the shoes she gave me, although it looks old, it's still brand new to me.

"You seem happy."

I turned around and saw my father

"Father! You're back," I greeted whilst I hugged him tightly

"Of course, I'm back. There's nothing more important to me than being with my only daughter," he said. He then looks at my shoes, "Whose shoes are those?"

"Eva gave it to me earlier!" I enthusiastically said

"Eva?"

"It's lady Evaine's name,"

"I see..." He kissed my forehead and said, "I'm glad you two are getting along very well."

"Me either, father, I'm glad that we became friends!"

"Well then, Zillah, I need to head back to our old home, there's a lot of paperwork I ought to finish."

"Don't you wanna spend more time with me? Like Queen Cherith and lady Evaine do?"

He smiled at me and kisses my forehead, "Even if I want to, I need to make money to support your needs, Zillah."

"But, it can wait right? I want to spend time with you, father," I begged to him to stay

"I promise to bring toys for you, okay? I'll spend time with you after I finished my work. I have to go now, I'll see you soon, Zillah, be a good girl while I'm gone, okay?" He said and walk away.

I left there, standing with my tears falling to my cheeks. Is it just me or father seems like he's trying to abandon me? Like my relatives do?

Why does my life have to be so ironic this way?

I hope I can find the love I longed to have one day. I'll always be a good girl, so please let my wish come true