CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Evaine's POV

10 YEARS LATER....

I took a deep breathe as I carefully drop a pinch of liquid into my flask. I am inside the Solomon Institution today, we're making a wine elixir. This is just like chemistry in real word.

I will turn eighteen in few weeks, I can't help myself but feel excited. I'm going to have my second 18th's birthday, but this time, I won't be spending my day with my real world mom.

I suddenly heard a loud scream behind me, "Evaine!"

I jolted and the flask I am holding slipped right though my hand. The liquid inside the flask spill on the floor, along with the scattered flask glass

I took a deep breathe and turn around, "How may I help you today, Chrysalis?"

"How could you!?"

I looked at her with a perplexed expression, "What did I do?"

"You didn't tell me your legality celebration is coming! Not like that I care, but still!" She look so pissed at me, "Our families are the greatest nemesis for the past generations, but not telling me about this is just plain rude!"

Oh gosh, she's such a drama queen.

"Princess Chrysalis Gibbethon, did you really just interrupted my class?" Our teacher scolded her

"Well it's not my fault!"

"Get out,"

"Argh, my mother will hear about this!"

I rolled my eyes, she's been interrupting my class for the past years, to the point that I'm getting used to it and doesn't give a d*mn about it anymore, as long as I don't get in trouble

One thing for sure, Chrysalis is still the same spoiled, and arrogant child that I first met a decade ago.

"For the last time, your highness, tell your beloved friend to restrict herself from interrupting my class." The teacher told me

"Yes, sir," I plainly stated

Was she my friend? Well, she once put a worm in my desk, and told her brother that I pushed her to the ground causing her to bleed but the truth is she's just clumsy and wasn't looking where she's going. She also almost made me slip in the staircase when I was carrying books from the library, and she also keep talking to me very loudly whenever I read them. These things happened 2 years ago, when we we're fifteen.

But, there's also times that she showed her kindness to me. She helped me feed the cats outside the school, and we spend some quality time with each other. She also volunteer to be my partner to stock some books into the bookshelves at the library. And, she also went along with me to the School of Knights, she met Noah that day, and when we were 12, I saw her defending a poor commoner girl from the aristrocats kids who were beating her. Reminds me of when I first met Noah.

I think that was the day I realize, she wasn't that bad. She was just.... raised differently

We indeed insult each other almost everyday, however, I don't really hate her.

I know for sure the rivalry between our kingdoms, and the pressure of being the princess of Gibbethon Empire is weighing her down.

It is already lunch time, I spend my day in the school garden most of the time. My coming of age is almost here, what would happen after I turn 18?

Will I face the consequences of being the fake princess? Or I will suffer Evaine's fate as I expected?

"Lady Evaine~!"