CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

I awoke in my slumber, I feel pretty good after that long nap. I looked around me and noticed it's already afternoon

I got out of my room when I noticed something unusual around me. I picked up the trash in the floor, it was a piece of paper, I opened it and my eyes widen when I read the context. It was my exam in religious studies.

I rubbed my eyes, I realized.... I am inside of my room in the real world

I hurried and ran downstairs, I went to the kitchen and I saw my mom humming a song as she cooks

I can feel my tears fell from my eyes, it's been so long since the last time I saw her face. I wanted to apologize to her for leaving without saying goodbye.

"M-Mom..." I uttered

Her head turned around, as soon as she saw me, she smiled at me

"Oh, you're awake, Camille." She stated, "Take a sit, we'll having a dinner soon. I cooked your favorite! We also have tteokbokki, I cooked it this morning, take these chopsticks and start digging."

I gently grabbed the chopsticks and ate the tteokbokki. It tastes like home.

"Do you like it?" She asks, I nodded my head, "I am relieved. Oh, the soup!" She stood up and went back to her cooking

I simply observed her as she cooks. It's been a decade, I never imagined myself to miss someone like this.

She took out the pot of soup and a rice cooker, we then start our dinner

"How long was I asleep?" I ask

"What do you mean? Today is Saturday, and you always overslept during the weekends." She responded

"Oh, I see."

How come? I was just in the festival a moment ago, the last thing I remember is Zillah calling my name.

"I finally got my salary. Here, take this, this is your allowance for a week." She handed me a 30,000 won

I was so used of gold and silver coins, I feel like this was my first time touching a money made of papers.

"Thanks, mom," I stated

"I'll do anything for you, Camille." She said and kissed my forehead

"How about Emilia and her friends?"

"Who?"

I realized my mom doesn't know them so I shook my head, "Nevermind, mom,"

After we finished dinner, I went directly to my room. As much as I like being here, I began to question how did I get here?

I closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep.

"You are not the lady Evaine."

I heard that voice again. I looked around and saw the that lady from the festival

"Who are you!?" I yelled

"You do not belong in our world, impostor."

"W-What do you want from me...!?" I am trembling in fear as her voice becomes creepier

"I'll give you a choice. Leave the Mortimer Empire, and you can enjoy being back in your world." She stated

"Why would I leave the empire!?"

"By entering that world, you disturbed the balance between the Gibbethon Empire and Mortimer Empire. Those two are meant to be enemies; without their conflict, the story cannot go on."

"Why can't they just get along? The conflict started in Queen Vahnim's reign before, the timeline in the story is far too different than the past!"

"Are you saying you do not want to live a second chance with your real mom?"

I was speechless, "Both worlds are important to me. I love my mom, but throughout my journey to the novel's world, I began to see Queen Cherith as my mother too."

"You are destined to die as the main villain in the story, you cannot change Evaine's fate, no matter how good your intentions are."

"You don't know that for sure! Evaine and I are completely different person—"

"Exactly, so why choose that world instead of staying here? You can stay here and be with your real mom, or stay in the novel's world and suffer Evaine's fate, your choice."

If I choose here, that means Evaine's remains will be decayed, since her soul is not present the entire time I am in her body.

Wait, this is a trap.

I am already dead in the real world. I cannot go back to my mother even if I wanted to. If I choose to stay with her, that means.... My soul will be wondering around, nobody can sense my presence.

This lady wants me dead in the novel's world too.

"I choose.... To be in the novel's world."

"How could you!?"

She began wrecking things, the ground feels shakey after her body glow.

I ran as fast as I can and went towards my mother

"Camille—"

"Mom.... This is just your dream. Please wake up."

"What are you talking abo—"

"Listen, mom, there is no time. I love you, and I always will. I may be gone, but I'll always be your daughter. I am sorry, mom. Please take care of yourself," I hugged her tightly as I can, "Good bye, mom"

As soon as I let her go, I saw a very bright light before my eyes.

Before I knew it, I woke up again. I looked around and saw my slumber inside the palace.

I stared at the ceiling, as I touched my head. I cannot help myself but cry.

I am very sorry, mom. I left you again....