CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"W-What.... in the world is happening here?" I mumble after I walked inside the enormous room where all the servants are busy preparing a big banquet

"Your highness!" Merry's expression look surprised after she laid her eyes on me, she immediately carry me out of the room

"What's going on, Merry?"

"Uh.... Ahm....." She hesitate to answer my question, I rolled my eyes and turn my back on her

"If you don't want to answer me, it's fine. I'm gonna head back to my room," I stated and began to walk away

"Wait, your highness!"

I stop and gaze at her, I can tell she's nervous and her sweats are visible in her forehead.

"H-Her majesty..... Is..... Engaged,"

My eyes widened after I heard it. I know she'll be married again to another man this year but I didn't expect it to be this soon. Oh gosh

"And she didn't even bother to tell me?" I asks

Merry shook her head, "Her majesty wanted to keep it as a surprise for her highness until their engagement ceremony."

"Ah, of course, a surprise... Well, keep up the good work then, come to my room once the ceremony started," I calmly said

"As you wish, your highness," Merry bow her head

I entered my room and started panicking. Me!? A fake godd*mn character meeting the heroine in this novel!? I don't think I'm ready yet! Why does this event from the novel  happens too early!?

"I wanna cry!" I whine, while my face is in my pillow

I know crying won't grab me out of this situation. The chance I have now to survive is 45%. Zillah is the reason why Evaine died in the novel

All I have to do not act like Evaine during the ceremony, that's easy....  right?

I can greet her with big smile and she won't even notice that my vessel is a godd*mn villain, right?

I guess this is a bye-bye to the throne. It was fun while it lasted. Why am I overthinking things? It's just me meeting Zillah, why am I still shaking in panic!?

I glance at myself in the mirror. Evaine is becoming more beautiful each day.

As I imagine Zillah's visage, it makes me insecure. She doesn't have a red eye, so everyone isn't scared of her. She doesn't have odd characteristics, so everyone loves her.

I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Everything is gonna be alright. I hope my new family won't despise me like they did to Evaine in the novel.

I close my eyes and fell asleep in a short time

I woke up, and it's already evening. Merry is already in my room preparing my garments. She looks at me and said, "You're awake, your highness. Good evening, did you sleep well?"

I nod, "Merry, is she home?" I asks, referring to the queen

Merry nodded her head, "She's in her room, would you like to see her?"

I immediately shook my head, "No.."

"Oh... I see... Well, let's get you dressed up, your highness, the banquet will start in an hour,"

She put my layers and it's very heavy. She then put my dress, I can tell that I'm already sweating from all this layers. She puts a some accessories on me, and style my hair

All of this is very heavy, but I admit, Evaine looks gorgeous in this outfit.

"You're ready, your highness," Merry stated with a big smile

"No bows this time," I asks, "It's a good thing, since this is a special occasion,"

She looks at her pocket watch and stated, "Only 20 minutes left, let me do your make up real quick, your highness,"

I nod. She then only gave me a very light make up, and a red lipstick. The make up really suits Evaine... Good thing, my real face isn't here, or else I might look like a clown.

She pick up a fan that would match with my outfit.

"You're finally ready, your highness,"

"Thank you, Merry,"

"It's my honor to serve you, your highness, please enjoy the banquet,"

"I will," I smile at her and hugs her

I walked out of my room, I stayed in the empty hallway for a while

"Evaine~"

I turned around and saw her majesty with her lovely gown

She kisses me in the forehead and said, "You look gorgeous tonight, are you ready?"

"You look gorgeous, too."

The doors in the banquet hall began to open.

"Let us all welcome, queen Cherith Mortimer, and princess Evaine Mortimer!"

Her majesty holds my hand as we walked down the carpet. A lot of nobles are clapping their hands as we pass them by.

She sat down in the huge chair in front of everybody, and wave

"Everyone, let's welcome once again, her majesty's fiancé, sir Fergus Vandenberg, and her new daughter, Zillah Amana Vandenberg!"

Two people walks down the carpet. A handsome man, and a child with a saint-like aura.

Two of them greeted her majesty and I. Zillah looks at me, she's very timid

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, my new sister,"

"O-Oh.... uhmm... I- It's good to meet you too.."

I stretch my arm to shake her arms, she hesitate to take it.

I awkwardly put my hands down as she refuses to shake it.

"Let's raise a toast for these new love birds who will be married soon, may Queen Vahnim blessed them both, who vow to take care of the empire for generations to come. Cheers!"

"Cheers!"

Looks like me being the nicest person tonight isn't working.