CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

I awoke after a long nap. My hands are sore after what I did with Zillah yesterday.

"Argh...." I groan

"Oh, you're awake,"

I jolted when I heard someone's voice near my bed. I saw Noah's face, he laughed after he saw my reaction

"It's not funny!"

"Pardon me, Your Highness," he stated

I threw my pillow towards him, and then I asked, "How long have you been here?"

"Just now, I tried to be as quiet as possible, but it seems like I woke you up. I apologize," he bows his head at me

"It's okay. What are you doing here anyway?"

"I wanted to hand these papers to you, these are the funds that the nobles donated for your agenda." He stated, "What are you planning with this money, your highness?"

I put on my robes and took the paper, "I wanted to build a school."

"A school? Like Solomon Institution?"

"Quite like that, but I want it to be open for both nobles and commoners. Before I passed out at the festival, I saw a problem in our empire, a commoner isolated themselves from nobles. And to fix that, I wanted to build a school, where they can learn something and hang out. In that way, we can change the history little by little."

Noah's expression changed after I explained my purpose, "How did you convince these nobles to donate funds for a school like that?"

"Not all nobles are bad, Noah. I know you have conflicts with Alexander, but not everyone is like him. Her Majesty's friends were kind enough, and since they supported the royal family for a long time, they willingly donated a huge amount of money to the school. They're like the shareholders,"

"And, how can you be so sure that this idea will go smoothly?"

"I'm sure it will," I said, "Anyway, did you eat breakfast, yet? You can join us at the dining table."

"I'm good, Your Highness,"

Not long after he said those words, I heard a faint sound of rumble. I looked at him, but he didn't look at me though. He is avoiding my gaze on purpose

"Are you hungry?" I asked

"No," he responds without looking at me

"You sure?"

"Yes, Your Highness," then I heard a rumble again

"You're hungry. Come on, let's go." I grabbed his hands and we both headed to the dining area.

As soon as we got there, Zillah was already eating alone

"Good morning, Zillah" I greeted

She looks at me and beams, "Oh, good morning to you too, Eva. How was your nap?"

"It was alright," I replied, "May we join you?"

"Sure,"

Noah and I sat down at the table, the servants served us with a lovely breakfast.

"Dig in, Noah," I stated

"T-Thank you, Lady Evaine," he stutters

We ate our food and it was delicious like always. The queen really hired some good chefs. They know how to make good meals from morning to evening.

The table is quiet and it's getting awkward, so decided to start a conversation, "How come you're eating alone, Zillah?" I asked

"Oh, my father went for a business meeting and Her Majesty was in a conference with other aristocrats. They're talking about political kinds of stuff." She stated