°•°•1.10•°•°

"Well, guess we should head out to Baste," Meliodas says as he, Celeste, and Hawk walk through the town. "Do you plan on leaving Elizabeth behind? She hasn't come out since you carried that quack to his clinic." Hawk tells them. "She better off here than with us, so we don't have to worry about protecting her." Celeste replies. "Yeah, don't be stupid." Meliodas says. "You called me stupid twice! People who call people stupid are stupid." Hawk shouts. "Well, sorry about that, Porky." Meliodas apologizes. "That's twice you called me Porky, you bastard!" Hawk yells, and Meliodas grabs his cheek. "Hawk language. Meliodas, let him go." Celeste sighs. "Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth calls from behind, running to catch up with them. "Why'd you run out here like that for?" Meliodas asks. "This, I mended your scabbard for you while you were asleep." Elizabeth says, holding out the scabbard. "I can't really attest to the quality, though." She adds. "You're such a thoughtful girl." Hawk whispers. Meliodas takes the scabbard and puts it on his back, then he twirls his sword around, placing it in its sheath. 

"Thanks, it looks like it's holding," Meliodas says with appreciation. "I'm glad, and on that note, let's get going now." She cheers, walking ahead. "I'm not a knight, but I'm gonna keep on fighting, too. So I can protect the kingdom and its people. Even if you were to die now, that still wouldn't change this at all." Elizabeth shares, looking back at them. "Don't kill us off now." Celeste teases. "S...sorry!" Elizabeth apologizes. "Elizabeth, how would you handle it if I was the one who died?" Hawk asks, running up to the princess. "Well, honestly, I'd try to move on." She tells him, and Meliodas smiles, fondly while Celeste frowns. "Elizabeth, that was like night and day," Hawk tells her. "You can rest easy, Hawk. If you end up dying, we'll make sure that your meat doesn't go to waste, isn't that right Celeste?" Meliodas asks the Goddess, walking over to them. "No, I won't cook the corpse of a friend." Celeste replies. "Wait a minute, what about what I want?!" Hawk yells, but he is ignored. "Let's get going." Meliodas tells the princess, walking past her. "Right! Let's save Sir Ban." She replies. 

"Not him. Think her name was Sennett, wasn't it? We've gotta make sure we save the doctor's daughter first." Meliodas tells her. "Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth cheers, running to catch up with him and Celeste. "What about Sir Ban?" She asks. "Ban? When he finds out we're coming to get him he'll break himself out." Celeste replies. "Oh, you really think so?" Elizabeth asks. "I know my boy." Celeste replies. "Your boy?" Hawk asks. "Yep, I raised the sins when they were children, except Meliodas, of course." Celeste replies. A loud stomp causes Meliodas to rush in front of Elizabeth, grabbing his sword. "Are they attacking us?" Hawk asks. "Diane! What the heck are you doing way over here?" Meliodas asks, seeing the giant. "What are you doing here? You should still be in bed trying to get a little rest." Diane tells Meliodas. "You know you shouldn't be outdoors like this." She adds, bending over to be closer to him. "Forget about me for a sec, are you doing okay?" Meliodas asks the giant. "What are you talking about? I feel fine." Diane replies, confused. "After you squashed all those bugs over in Dalmally, you charged full speed ahead to Baste Prison." Hawk explains. 

"Wait, I did?" Diane asks. "I can't put my finger on it, but something's not adding up. "Are you sure you're all right, Diane?" Celeste asks, worried. "Uh, yeah, my head's just a little fuzzy." The giant replies, playing with her pigtail. Suddenly there was a bell jingle and suddenly there's a knight in front of Diane. "I am the Holy Knight Ruin. Member of the Weird Fangs and destroyer of the Seven Deadly Sins." The knight says."There's a Holy Knight here! Captain, mother you go take care of the princess." Diane shouts, then gasps. "Captain? Wait, where did everybody go?" She asks, looking around. "They are all at my mercy." Ruin laughs. "Give the captain and mother back right now!" She shouts, stomping on the Holy Knight, who jumps to avoid her, but she punches him, throwing him into the ground. What she didn't know was that the Holy Knight was actually Meliodas. "Meliodas!" Celeste shouts, running to him with Elizabeth and Hawk behind her. "You didn't get hurt, did you?" Elizabeth asks as Diane slowly walks over to them, and Meliodas stands up, dusting himself. 

"What the heck made you go berserk out of the blue like that?" Meliodas asks. "Lady Diane, Sir Meliodas is right in front of you!" Elizabeth tells the giant. "What are you spacing out for woman?!" Hawk shouts. "I'm gonna tell you here and now, I'm not losing to some Holy Knight!" Diane yells. "Those eyes. She can't see us at all even if she wanted to." Meliodas notes. "Did anyone else hear that bell?" Celeste asks, looking around. "What are we supposed to do now?" Hawk asks Meliodas grabs Elizabeth over his shoulder, and Celeste holds Hawk securely in her arms, and they both run away. "We run for starters," Meliodas says. "I had a feeling you were gonna say that!" Hawk yells. As they run they dodge Diane's attacks until they make it to a wooded area. "Crap there are people around!" Hawk yells seeing the shepherds. "Hey! If you don't wanna die, you better start running!" Meliodas advises. They both look back seeing Diane chasing the group and scream in fear. Celeste secures Hawk under one arm and grabs the little boy with her free arms. "Gotcha!" She sighs, they jump off the side of a small hill and hide there. "You can't hide forever Holy Knight!" Diane says looking around.

 "When I find you. I'm gonna twist, tear open, then pulverize your armor right along with you!" She threatens. "Help us, please!" The man says in fear. "What's going on here? Did something happen to Lady Diane when she went to Baste Prison?" Elizabeth asks. "Well, whatever it was it really made her nuts," Meliodas replies. "Look after them for a sec okay, Angel?" Meliodas tells Celeste going to check on Diane. "What were the two of you doing out here?" Elizabeth asks and Celeste wipes the boy's tears with a comforting smile. "We both work as shepherds in the area and we were on the way home from the pasture." The boy explains. "Please, I don't want anything bad to happen." He pleads. "Don't worry about anything. He'll deal with it, plus you have the king's regent here to protect you." Celeste tells him with a smile. There was another jingle, and Celeste's smile fell. 'There's that bell again.' She thinks, looking around, then spotting the bell on the boy's staff. 'Is it him?' She wonders, looking back, seeing Meliodas and Diane now engaged in battle. "This is hard to believe, but I think Meliodas is caught in the same illusion as Diane right now," Hawk says, watching the sins fight. "I think so, too." Celeste agrees, putting the boy down, scooting over to Elizabeth and Hawk. 

"Did you guys hear a bell?" Celeste asks. "Yeah, why?" Hawk asks. Celeste wraps her arm around Elizabeth's shoulder and pulls her down to Hawk's height, she then whispers something so only they can hear, causing them to gasp. The effects of the battle reach near them causing everyone to run out of their hiding spot. Celeste held both Elizabeth and the boy over her shoulders, running away. "Hurry up, it's almost on top of us!" Hawk shouts. "What do we do, Celeste?" Hawk asks once they are at a safe distance. "I'm not sure, give me a minute." The Goddess replies. "If this goes on they'll die, but how in the world do we stop this?" Elizabeth asks. "I might have a plan." Celeste speaks up, looking down for a second. "But I need you." She adds, turning to the princess. "I'll do whatever it takes to save, Sir Meliodas and Lady Diane." Elizabeth replies, determined. "That's the spirit." Celeste gives her a smile.