°•°•1.17•°•°

"The 'New Generation'? What's that?" Meliodas asks after King explains what is happening in Liones. "Apparently, there have been a few failed apprentices who have found a way to gain the full powers of a Holy Knight in a space of only one day. Guila, for instance. She's the latest apprentice who's grown stronger overnight. Doesn't really seem right, does it?" King explains. "She was?" Meliodas asks. "Let's back up a minute, you took the sacred treasure that was bestowed upon you by King Liones himself, and you sold it?" King asks, looking at his Captain. "I needed seed money for the tavern." Meliodas explains. "You could've asked me." Celeste tells him. "Yours was stolen?" King asks Ban who laid on Hawk's back. "When I threw my butt into that prison." Ban explains. "Am I a bad girl?" Diane asks, hiding behind her pigtails. "If it got misplaced, then it's not your fault!" King reassures her. "How do you misplace something that big?" Celeste wonders. "And you left it at the castle?" King asks, turning to Celeste. "I could always go back and get it. Then again, I doubt they'd let me leave if I stepped foot in the kingdom." Celeste tells him. 

"Hey, I don't understand why you're getting so upset, King. These guys do pretty well with what they've got." Hawk chimes in. "Sir Pig." King states, turning to Hawk. "Uh, 'Sir Pig'?" Hawk questions. "Now, let's say that this lake represents all the magic power used by one of the Sins. How much water could you scoop out by using just your hands?" King asks. "Hands?" Hawk asks, looking at his hoof. "That's right. No matter how much magic there is, you're pretty limited by them. But if you have a weapon, especially sacred treasure," King pauses, manipulating the water, creating a water sphere above the lake. "you could draw out incredible amounts of magic." He explains. "Sacred treasures are pretty awesome." Meliodas comments.

"That makes a lot of sense. Why the hell did you give yours up, ham head?" Hawk asks, grabbing Meliodas by his shirt, shaking him. "In any case, we're gonna have to get your sacred treasures back. Assuming you're serious about saving the realm. "Excuse me." Elizabeth speaks up. "Huh?" King hums. "But Sir King, before you join us, were you working with somebody inside the castle?" The princess asks. "Hmm. More or less." King replies. "Do you know what happened to them? My father and two sisters, the king and the other two princesses?" Elizabeth asks. "I'm afraid not. Sorry about that." King tells her. "Oh, I see." She mumbles, letting her hand fall to her side.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•☆☆•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Later that night, Elizabeth sat on the bed playing with her earring when a knock on the door interrupted her. "That's really pretty. Nice." Meliodas compliments. "Yes, I got it on my 15th birthday. It was a present from my big sister, Margaret. She's really thoughtful and kind." Elizabeth shares and Meliodas takes a sit on the bed. "Hmm?" He hums. "Veronica, the second princess, is a handful. I remember Father always having to scold her for being willful and playing with swords. Back then, Gilthunder would play with us, too. It was wonderful." She goes on to say. "Now, don't you worry!" Meliodas tells her. "Huh?" She hums. "We'll rescue your father and sisters and everyone else too! That's one of the reasons we're on this quest." Meliodas reassures her. "Sir Meliodas." She says. "So now, let's get some sack time. You and me!" Meliodas suggests. "Huh?" Elizabeth hums confused. "Hmm?" "You don't learn, do you, bacon brain?" Hawk insults, already tying up Meliodas. "Get out." Celeste tells him, pointing at the door. "Celeste, come on!" Meliodas whines. "Out! You're bunking with Ban, remember?" Celeste reminds him. "King's already with him, though." The blonde tells her. "Then sleep on the floor." Celeste shrugs.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•☆☆•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The next day, they arrived at another town. "That town there on the side of the mountain is called Vaizel. It's a merchant town." Meliodas shares. "You think it's really here?" Hawk asks. "Not too long ago, one of my customers said a hammer was brought in that was so big, nobody could wield it, don't you remember?" Meliodas explains. "How did they get it here then?" Celeste inquiries. "So, nobody could handle it?" Elizabeth asks. "It could be Diane's." King points out. "Aw, the hell with that. We got to do something about my clothes!" Ban whines. "Just put on an apron." Celeste waves him off. "That's not important now!" Diane slams her hands on the ground, throwing everyone in the air. "Why do I have to stay behind and mind the bar?" She asks. "Look, Diane. Ever since a Giant went wild at their festival a few years ago, they've all been banned from town. But we'll come right back as soon as we see what's up." Meliodas explains. "It's gonna be boring!" She complains, shaking her head. "You know, I think I'll stay behind too." Elizabeth speaks up. "What? Really?" Diane asks. "Sure, it'll be nice to have a little girl-time for a change." Elizabeth tells her. "Yeah. Just us girls, right Celeste?" Diane asks, turning to the Goddess who was trying to decide whether to stay or go. "I'll go. I've always wanted to see Vaizel." Celeste tells the girls, who frown. "I'll bring something back for you both." She reassures them. "Okay, let's hit it." Meliodas instructs.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•☆☆•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The three Sins and Celeste walk through the streets, looking around. "Captain, do we have to look through all this stuff?" Ban asks. "You're really wearing an apron." King points out. "Let's go find an arms vendor." Meliodas suggests. "Looking for something, son?" A drunk old man asks. "Or are you planning on being part of the festival?" He asks. "Nah, we're trying to look for a weapon. A really big hammer. We heard there might be one at this market." Meliodas shares. "Ah, well, that's easy enough. Right there. Behind that rock." The man informs. "Look, it's Diane's Gideon!" King says once they got behind the rock. "It was here all the time." Meliodas comments. "All right, it's time to begin the annual Vaizel Fighting Festival now!" A short man wearing a red robe and a helmet shouts, and many people cheer. "Use of weapon strictly forbidden! Men who let their fists do the talking should hurry up and sign up right away! The winner's gonna get 100 gold coins. But that's not all, you'll also take home this Giant's war hammer." He shares. "What a barbaric gathering. Right, Captain?" King asks. 

"Wow, someone who's shorter than Meliodas." Celeste comments. "We're gonna put our names in, aren't we?" Ban asks, and King just stares at them in his other form. "Let's see who's got what it takes." Meliodas replies. "Hey, count us in!" Meliodas shouts, grabbing King by his hood and following Ban to the front with Celeste walking behind them. "You can count me out!" King protests. "This ain't a festival for little kids! Get out of here!" A buff man says, holding Meliodas up by his collar. "Sorry, I don't see what the problem is." Meliodas replies. "Hey there, friend." A blonde guy steps in, putting the man's hand down. "This is a festival, okay? Just relax." He tells the buff man. 

"Who do you... You know that my name is Taizoo, right? I've been the winner of this festival for three years in a row." Taizoo claims, putting Meliodas down and walking away. "Okay, then... Man, my job has gotten in the way every year until now! Yeah! My dream of fighting here is coming true at last! So, let's do this, you guys!" The blonde man cheers, walking away. "I've seen him somewhere before." King states. "The Fighting Festival elimination round will now begin! Fighters into the ring!" The referee shouts. "Man, I wish I stayed behind with Diane." King whines as he steps into the ring. "Same here." Celeste agrees. "Now, let's get ready to take Diane's sacred treasure back!" Meliodas says, crossing his arms.