°•°•1.27•°•°

"The Captain sure is late." Diane comments. "Maybe that means he ended up catching something really awesome!" Hawk replies. "Why isn't he back?" Elizabeth asks, watching them from the window. "No need to worry. He'll be back soon." Celeste tells the princess. "Hello? Are you open?" A voice asks, knocking on the door. "Elizabeth." Celeste motions to the door. "Every other place seems to be closed for some reason." The man says, and Elizabeth opens the door, greeting him. "You're Cain, aren't you? You and Sir Meliodas fought in Vaizel, isn't that right?" Elizabeth asks, recognizing the man. "My word. Could I be dreaming right now? Liz?" Cain says with teary eyes, shocking Elizabeth. Celeste walks over to them. "Not Liz." She tells Cain, guiding him inside the tavern.

"I see. So, Meliodas survived?" Caina asks, sitting at the bar while Celeste pours him a drink. "I'm so glad to hear that." He says. "Here you go." Celeste places the drink down in front of him. "Sorry about this. Hate to trouble you." Cain apologizes. "It's no problem. I'm always happy to help." Celeste tells him as Elizabeth comes over. Cain takes a sip and places the cup down. "I was surprised when I saw you." He tells Elizabeth. "Your noble features and soft voice are so like hers. I really thought that Liz had come back to life. If that girl was still alive, she'd be a woman in her prime by now." Cain explains. "Tell me more about Liz." Celeste urges, wanting to know more about the girl she'd only heard of but never met. "Liz was her nickname. She had the same name as the princess, Elizabeth." Cain shares. "What?" Elizabeth asks. "She was Meliodas' girlfriend. Liz was a knight from an enemy nation who bungled a night raid on Danafall.

She was captured and sentenced to death. And the one who came to her rescue was none other than Meliodas, who was the captain of Danafalls Holy Knights then. Naturally, the others shouted out their objections. It turned out that Liz had been sold as a slave to that enemy nation. Because of that, she didn't trust anyone but herself. But maybe that was what you'd call a fateful encounter. Even as she complained bitterly that he was a naive man, Liz gradually grew attracted to Meliodas. She was a girl who had an uncommon charm herself, and the rest of us began opening up to her. Of course, that was from a time long past." Cain explains.

"I can't believe she thought he was naive. Sir Meliodas is just very... very kind, that's all." Elizabeth says, and Cain laughs, meanwhile, Celeste feels somewhat jealous because Liz had what she couldn't have, genuine love from Meliodas. "Do you know the reason why he won't carry a decent sword around with him?" Cain asks. "Mm-mm." Elizabeth shakes her head. "He's too powerful. No one who's crossed swords with him has lived to tell the tale, and he doesn't like to put himself in that position. "At the same time though, I also think that he can be too gentle a soul." Cain tells her. "He has his reasons." Celeste tells the old man. Cain reaches inside his cloak and places a sword on the table. "What is that?" Elizabeth asks. "It's something Liz once tried to give Meliodas as a gift. So I accepted it for him, and I've been holding on to it ever since." Cain shares. "I can sense an unbelievable amount of magical power." Cain says. "Me too." Celeste replies.

"I'm stepping out for a look. You two wait here!" Cain tells them, leaving the tavern. Elizabeth looks down at Liz's sword, then grabs it and runs out of the tavern. "Elizabeth, seriously?" Celeste shouts, hopping over the counter, chasing the girl. They run past Diane, Cain, and Hawk, who shout for her to wait, but she doesn't listen.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•☆☆•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Eventually, the two girls get to where Meliodas and the other Sins are. "Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth calls from on top of the hill, panting heavily. "Elizabeth!" Meliodas says seeing her. "Take this!" She throws the sword and Meliodas' eyes widen seeing the sword. "Sir Meliodas, it's not that Liz wanted you to fight! It's that she wanted you to live. Don't you understand? You're someone who stands up for what he believes in, and if that's your sin, then I'll carry that burden with you!" Elizabeth shouts, and Celeste feels jealous. "You fine with that? Making a woman go that far..." Ban looks back at Meliodas only to find him gone. "Ethereal Blessing." Celeste holds her hand out, blessing Meliodas with enhanced strength and protection. Meliodas grabs the sword, pulling it out of its sheathe. "I hope you can forgive me." He says, slicing the Demon, causing it to break into multiple pieces. Meliodas places the sword back in its sheathe and smiles up at Elizabeth, who smiles back at him, and Celeste rolls her eyes. "That was amazing, Captain!" King compliments. "Impressive." Gowther adds.

"Hey, King... sorry man." Meliodas apologizes. "No problem, I can take it." King tells him. "Yeah, I knew you could pull it off, Captain!" Ban says he notices someone and walks over to Dale's body. "A Human transforming into a Demon... Is that really possible?" King asks as Ban pulls something out of the knight's chest. "Could be a curse. Or maybe some kind of experiment." Meliodas tells him. "No way! You think they created a man-made Demon?" King asks, and Celeste runs down the hill. "Guess so, and they used a Holy Knight to do it." Meliodas replies. "But that means someone had to go behind the backs of two Holy Knight Grand Masters." King says. "Or maybe the Grand Masters are the ones doing those experiments." Celeste suggests. "Then it's either Dreyfus... or it's..." "Hendrickson." Gowther shares after shooting his light arrow through the creature.

"You figure out something?" Meliodas asks. "Yes. The person likeliest to be involved in this incident... is Holy Knight Grand Master Hendrickson." Gowther shares and Ban squashes the creature. "I'm getting hungry. Let's head back." Ban says, walking away. "I'm sure Diane must be worried too." King adds. "Oh yeah, about the Captain." Ban tells him. As the Sins and Celeste walk away, Elizabeth appears from around the corner, smiling at Meliodas. "Thanks to you, my mind's clear. Let's go! We've got a battle to fight!" Meliodas says. "Right!" Elizabeth replies. "Yeah, let's just act like I didn't betray my race for you just for you to fall in love with someone else." Celeste mumbles, walking away, clenching her fists, trying to fight back tears and Meliodas looks at her confused.