Chapter 14

Present day :

"Wake up dude, we are getting late", i heard a voice , it felt like a sweet familiar female voice, it means Archi.

"Stop it Archi, let me sleep", i replied.

"Excuse me, if you are not up now then I'm leaving", said the voice.

I tried to open my eyes slowly, as i rubbed my eyes to open the female voice got faded and it got replaced by a male voice and of course it was Rehaan in his Armani suit trying to wake me up.

"Rehaan, it's you?", i asked him rubbing my eyes. "Good Morning to you too dude", he said sarcastically.

"Sorry man, i thought it's", before i could continue Rehaan completed my sentence saying "Archi" and i nodded.

I saw around and understood that last night i have slept in the couch where i was sitting.

"Last night you slept in the couch itself, and i don't wanted to disturb you, so i let you sleep, i know you are not comfortable sleeping in the couch, I'm sorry", he apologized.

"Hey, no problem, I'm all okay, I'm habitual to it now", i said assuring him

" Give me five minutes, I'll be ready", saying that i rushed into my room.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I and Rehaan entered the office building throughout the ride we just spoke about random things nothing about Archi.

May be because Rehaan knows me well, and he understood I'm upset about the fact that i haven't found her yet.

I entered into my cabin and just after a few minutes i heard a knock in my door and it was Karan, my head security. I gestured him to come in.

"Sir, we have found a clue about the girl", he said. I felt like a thousands of butterflies in my stomach, like a jolt of electricity just passed through me, i was wondering for about two months to hear a word about her and finally it happened.

"What about her???", i asked eagerly. "When i last met you after that, the detective team went through some footages of airport and we found out that", before he could complete the sentence i interrupted him asking, "What you have found about?".

"Sir actually this girl has been spotted in the CCTV footage of an international airport in Mumbai, and on further enquiry we came to know that she has arrived to India from New York three months ago", "For now this is all we know about her, we are further enquiring", he added "And one more thing, there is no evidence that she has returned back", he said.

The last few words from him really brought some hope in me, if she has not returned then there are chances i can search her, and even if she plans to i can get hold of her.

"But sir the issue is before proceeding further, it would be better if you could come once and confirm if it is the same girl, as she is not clearly visible in the photograph you gave us", he said.

Karan waited for me to answer but i just gave him a nod, with that he left my cabin.

I just don't know what to do, how to find her, this is the first step proceeded after two months, I'm being nervous now.

By then i heard a knock in the door, "Come in", i said, it was Rehaan. "You look tensed, any problem?", he asked me.

"Nothing serious", i replied and pretended to be normal because i don't want to drag him in this matter,as i know he is already worried for me and i would never want to increase that.

"Shall we go for a coffee",he asked me. Even I'm in need of that so badly, it will actually help me to feel better right now, but above all i need to go home, i want to be alone for sometime.

"No, instead I'm going home", i said and stood up from my chair. Rehaan was quite confused by my behaviour.

"Any problem dude? , you don't look normal" he asked me.

"Nothing, all okay, it's just that I'm not feeling well", i replied rubbing my temples.

"Stop it Arjun, i know you can't lie to me and hide anything from me, so why don't you spill the bean, what's bothering you? I'm worried for you?", he sounded concerned.

"I don't want to bother you Rehaan", i replied.

"Do you think it is working?", he questioned me raising his eyebrow.

"May be", i smirked "Don't waste my time, just let me know what's the problem", he said irritated.

"Okay, i will", i said and told him the whole conversation between me and Karan.

"That is a good news, why are you bothered then?", he asked me.

"I know this is, our first step , but i feel that she is hiding from me, she doesn't want to face me", i explained to him.

"Why will she do that?", he asked me. "Because she don't want me to love her, and she knows that i will search her", i replied.

"Does she know about your real identity?, I mean does she knows that you are not a normal guy but a multi billionaire", he enquired me.

Before i could answer i heard a knock in my door, and i ordered to come in.

The person entered my cabin stood awestruck looking at me, but i was not surprised because i already knew that this day will come.

"Hel..Hello", stammered Raj , i nodded and i gestured him to sit.

Raj is the guy whom i met in Darjeeling, during Mr.Gupta's granddaughter's wedding functions, he irritated me a lot and it's my turn.

"I didn't expect you here, i mean, i really don't know you are Arjun Rana" he started explaining and he was profusely sweating and started rubbing his temple.

I sat staring him, Rehaan was totally confused looking both of us, he was trying to understand the situation by looking both of us back to back.

"I'm extremely sorry for my behavior, i..i just did everything to.." Before he could complete i interrupted saying, " To impress Archi", he just nodded and continued saying," I promise it will not happen again", he apologized and tried to loosen his tie.

I was devilishly smirking in my mind and it reflected on my face, poor Raj.

"I hope this will not effect our business relationship?", he said and waited for me to answer.

I cleared my throat and replied, " It will truly depends on how your company works to impress me and by the way you are quite experienced in impressing people".

Rehaan chuckled hearing my words but Raj seemed hurt.

"Arjun trust", he said i raised my eyebrows, "Sorry, sir trust me our company will surely work hard , but please don't cancel this deal with us, it will lead us to a big loss", he explained. I know he is right, when I received their quotation I completely did a background check on them, and due to that I knew Raj is the owner but apart from that they are very hardworking.

I nodded and said, "I know that, well I'm busy now, hope to see you soon".

"Yes, me too, thank you sir", he replied and left my cabin.

After he went out and closed the door behind him. Rehaan started bombarding his questions on me about him and what happened in Darjeeling further.

The very thing he started with is , "Dude, who is he? And how you know this cartoon?".

Now i completely felt like a suspect being interrogated. I can't escape without answering any of his questions.

"Rehaan, wait I'll answer everything, let's call this day off and go home"i said calming him.

"That sounds like a good idea, we'll go home", he replied enthusiastically.

Hey everyone,
Don't forget to vote and comment if you like the chapter.