Chapter 40

I dedicate this book to @prenica and her book "My red rose".

Unedited

I had a feeling that he is going far away from me, I woke up from my sleep immediately panting. But let out a sigh when I found him in a sound sleep near me. I realized that he might get up with a hangover tomorrow as he was drunken, so I fetched for the medicine and a glass of water and placed them in the bedside table. As these were done I made myself comfortable in the bed and went back to sleep.

I felt the sun raise hitting my skin, so rubbing my eyes I stretched my hand expecting him to be my side. But the space was empty, I immediately opened my eyes and found him out of bed completely dressed with his shoes on as if he is going somewhere.

I sat in the bed making me completely awake and studying him for a while. My gaze landed on the table and found the glass of water empty and no presence of the medicine, I was relieved he had them.

"Are we leaving now?", I asked seeking his attention.

"No I'm leaving now, you can come back when you want to", his voice was very low and dry. I could sense the hurt in it.

"I'm willing to come with now", "But I'm not willing to take you with me". That's it as those words came out of his mouth fresh tears rolled down my eyes.

"Message me once you want to come back I'll send the chauffeur",
"You don't want me to come with you", "I need some time alone, away from everything, I'm tired of all these things".

"I thought we sorted everything last night", I looked for some answer from him. "Why don't you understand Archi, please leave me alone for sometime, I want to stay away from everything".

"Away even from me", I can't stop but those words came out of me. He wants to stay away, away even from me. That brought more fresh tears he can't do this. He stood still in the place for few seconds and without answering went out of the doors shutting them behind him.

I sobbed harder holding the pillows near me, soaking it with my tears till my head starts hurting and I slightly felt dizzy so laid back in the bed.

About an hour later, I came out of the room and faced his mother her face reflected mine, covered by tears with puffy eyes.

She cupped my face and placed a kiss on my forehead, I squeezed her hand assuring that things will be alright soon and a smile came over her lips

She cupped my face and placed a kiss on my forehead, I squeezed her hand assuring that things will be alright soon and a smile came over her lips. Though there was no verbal conversation between us but we both understood the feelings, bidding my goodbye I came out of the place.

I remembered he told me to message him when I'm returning I thought of messaging him but dropped the plan in stead and took a bus to travel back to Mumbai.

Throughout the journey his words were ringing in my ears, I need some time alone,away from everything, I'm tired of all these things . I had a lot of questions in my head, is he tired of me? I'm I making his life difficult? I'm I being selfish and made him stuck with me.

I reached home after a three hour journey and found his SUV parked in the parking lot, I headed straight to our bedroom but he was not there. For a moment I feared thinking what if he is in any bar. But I thought of checking in his study prior taking any step.

I found him in the study with his files and papers shattered all over the table and he was dozed of in the chair.

I let out a relieved sigh finding him and went back to the room. I thought of taking a shower, I let the water sooth my skin and drifted to the memory of our date in the yacht and a smile crept over my lips.

That was one of the best day of my life but I ruined everything so it is my responsibility to make up.

I came out of the showers and found him still sleeping in his study . So I decided to prepare food for ourselves as our maid is on a holiday.

I have never tried cooking before, but I can't let him or me hungry as my stomach has already started growling. It might also reduce his wrath on me as it is said the way to someone's heart is led by stomach.

I decided to try making pancakes which is simple I assume and one of my favourite. I typed 'How to make pancakes' and searched for videos online. There was more number of videos, but I decided to go with one particular video, which sounded easy.

I carefully watched it and made some note of its requirements. It took me about 15 minutes to search all ingredients and requirements.

I started with whipping the egg, then melted the butter, and finally prepared the batter. I followed each and every process as told. But now the next step is the toughest for me, these batter has to be fried.

I carefully poured the batter into the pan, and waited for it to get fried. I found the color being changed, and mentally patted myself for the good work done.

Once it was fried completely I tried to scoop it out of the pan, but unfortunately I couldn't do it. Finally it got stuck to the pan, its not moving. I face palmed myself and went to search for something which will help me come out of this situation.

I was so lost in searching after a few seconds I sensed something smelling really bad, then I realised that I haven't put the stove off. I turned to see the pan but by now the pan cakes have become completely burnt cakes.

I rushed and put the stove off and stood staring the cakes. The burnt smell was dominating the kitchen with some smoke which made me cough.

By then Arjun came running into the kitchen. He shook me then I realised he was saying something.

"Are you okay?", I gave him a nod not looking at his face. " What's this?", he pointed the pan.

"This was suppose to be pancakes but now they are burnt cakes", I said with tears oozing out my eyes.

He let out a sigh and wiped of my tears asking ," Who told you to pull this stunt? And how are you here?"

"I thought of preparing food for both of us, I just came back through bus", I replied looking at the floor. "Have I ever told you or forced you to cook?", I shook my head indicating a no.

"Then?, I know you can't cook, even you know that",
"But I...", before I could complete he interrupted me saying," What if anything happens to you", he said hugging me tightly. How much I missed this.

"From next time if you feel like cooking you won't do it alone, promise me that",he said holding me in arm length. "I promise".

He gave me a peck on my lips with that all the negative feelings vanished away, and pulled me back to an embrace.

"I'm sorry", he apologized I looked him with confusion and he continued " For all that happened today". "Your apology would be accepted only if you take me on a motor cycle ride", he was astonished by my reply. I love those rides I have always thought of going with him.

"Yes my Highness, anything for you", he bowed down making me giggle. "But before that led me feed your stomach, go clean yourself till then I bake some pancakes for us", he said pinching the bridge of my nose.

Hiii...
Vote and comment...