Chapter 23

This chapter is dedicated to @sophia476 and the cover credit goes to @suganthi

*Flashback *

I clenched my fist, right now all i wanted is to punch something or someone who comes in front me, i frustratedly slipped off the blindfold from my eyes.

To my surprise that was not Jade but it was Archi, holding a cake and smiling broadly showing her dimples, which made me more furious, i was searching for her all over the streets worrying, and here she is playing stupid pranks with me which i hate to the core.

"Archu, Happy birthday",she shouted with happiness, and motioned me to cut the cake, my temperature rose suddenly and I shoved the cake on the floor.

She was completely shocked by my action and she stood freezed, "How could you Archi, how could you behave, so irresponsibly, i was roaming all over the streets madly for you", i yelled at her.

"I..I just thou... thought to give a surprise", she tried to explain stammering. "Surprise my foot", i yelled making her jump.

I didn't recognized that she was crying until i saw her eyes which was pooled with tears and some running down her cheeks, my heart immediately melted looking at her and all my anger vanished somewhere and i felt guilty, guilty for making her cry.

I moved a bit closer to her to apologize, but she ran away from me. I followed her and then i realized that we were near a lakeside, she sat down at the edge of the wooden bridge near the lakeside hanging her legs and crying. I too sat down near her and mentally cursed myself for behaving so rudely with her, if i would have not overreacted then things would be different for us now.