Chapter 12

POV: Tony

          The kid was frozen on the sidewalk. He hadn't seen any of the other Avengers yet, Tony was sure of it. Then the kid opened his mouth.

          "I'm not going anywhere with a bunch of adults dressed in spandex in the middle of the night." They were all shocked. No way the kid saw them, Tony had even switched the suit to stealth mode, all the glowing machinery dimmed to a dark blue color to match the night sky. The kid started to walk again, brushing past the stunned Steve Rogers.

          "Look kid, we have orders. I'd rather do this nice and easy out here rather than drag you back to hand you over. Please don't make me do that." Rogers had gotten his senses back and grabbed the kids arm. But a minute later he was flat on his back. Tony wheeled back in shock. An eighteen year old kid had executed a textbook judo flip on Captain America as though it was nothing. Perseus Jackson was dangerous. And weird.

         "Nat."

         "I'm on it." Came the immediate reply to his request. The assassin slipped along the rooftop before taking a silent leap at the kid. Captain America got back to his feet and joined her, leaving his shield strapped to his back.

         "Look, just leave me alone. I don't want to hurt any of you." The kid said, his voice nearly toneless as he dodged to the side, leaving Natasha scrambling to reorient her plan of attack. Tony scoffed incredulously, even as a tendril of doubt unfurled on his stomach.

         'How does this kid know that there were more of them here? And how the hell is he escaping both Cap and Nat?' He wondered as he swooped closer. The kid picked up his pace, dodging around the coordinated attacks of the two Avengers. Tony swooped down in front of the kid, trying to stop him but the kid just hit the dirt, sliding under Tony and the suit before he could catch him. Racing after him the three Avengers rounded the corner to find nothing. Not even the echo of footsteps.

          "Clint, you see him anywhere?" Natasha demanded into the mike.

          "No. He ducked into a blindspot and I lost him."

          Tony swore. 

          "Language!"