Chapter 15

POV: Percy

           He woke up slowly in a drug induced haze. Tears were still drying on his cheeks. He'd watched Annabeth die again. Percy shook himself as he took in his surroundings. He was in a dark interrogation room, a one way mirror all along one wall. Percy was handcuffed to a chair, a plain metal table in front of him. He glanced at the mirrored viewing window. Narrowing his eyes, he let the distraction of the shine and his own reflection fade away to see five people behind the observation glass. He smirked and winked before realizing that he'd never made it home. Maybe they didn't know where his mom lived. He hoped so. How long had he been out for? Chiron would be worried about him, so would the rest of camp. What would happen if they tried to IM him? He had no way of explaining an Iris message to mortals. And if one appeared in front of him now, well there was only so much the Mist could cover up.

          Percy was jerked out from his reverie by the sound of the door opening. The red headed woman entered. She fixed Percy with a stern gaze, likely trying to intimidate him. And if had been any other week, any other kid, he might have been. But Percy had walked through Tartarus and battled with primordial forces older than time. No mortal could scare him anymore.

          "What's your name?" She asked. Percy just sat there, debating whether or not to answer. Annabeth's voice echoed in his mind.

          'Seaweed Brain.' Percy flinched. The woman's sharp eyes caught it, her face impassive even as she waited several seconds for his answers. She opened her mouth to say something else when Percy finally came to his decision.

          "I'm Percy."