Chapter 83

POV: Annabeth

          She was warm.

         That was the first thing Annabeth registered. The second was the distinct lack of metal chains around her arms. After that everything else just filtered into place. The quiet bustle of movement, the lower murmur of voices, a warm hand holding hers.

        She blinked her eyes open to the familiar blue walls of the sick room in the Big House, and she nearly sobbed in relief. It wasn't a dream. Percy really did come for her, she really was free.

Percy.

         He was sitting in the chair next to her, an empty bowl of what probably used to hold ambrosia sitting on the side table. He was gripping her hand tightly, as though letting go would mean she would vanish, his mouth slack as he snored softly. She snorted at the familiar line of drool dripping down his cheek. The sound startled him awake.

          "Annabeth!" He wiped his mouth sheepishly, even though his sea green eyes glittered with happiness.

          "What happened Seaweed Brain?" She asked, her voice rasping in her throat uncomfortably. Percy carefully helped her sit up, holding up a glass of nectar for her to drink from.

          "We killed Kampe, got you out. That's the important part. The rest of the prophecy can wait." Annabeth flinched so violently that Percy nearly dropped the godly drink.

          "Prophecy!"

         "Wise Girl, it's fine. I have it all under control." She snorted in disbelief. Percy laughed and shrugged, holding up the glass for her again.

          "Well, mostly under control. I figured out the first part of it all right didn't I?" She finished the drink, feeling the energy slowly return to her.

          "What does it say?" She asked, swallowing hard a few times to clear her throat. Percy laced his fingers through hers before reciting the lines for her.

Fate in Three Parts

First came the sacrifice of warriors who once made this land their home,

Whom rest in the eternal peace of Elysian has yet to come,

Great tombs of heroes with polished marble hiding an earthen prison,

Only mortal eyes can find

Fate in Two Parts

Son of the Sea God shall rally great allies

The strength of neither storm nor mortal can stop the foe.

A stranger shall not stop until she tears the city or the king limb from limb

Famed town must be held by ocean's guide

Fate

The upper realm shall witness the fall of a king in a house of gold,

For the strength of the ghost king shall hold her back,

Strength against strength; the king will be restored to power by Poseidon's son

Power unchecked until a trickster returns

          Annabeth just sighed, her mind racing as she ran over the lines in her head.

          "At least it's fairly straight forward. The first part is obvious, you had to find me. But the rest of it... I don't know, this doesn't sound good." Percy just shrugged.

          "Best I figure though, this isn't something to do with the fate of the world. At least not in the way we're used too. This is different. It includes mortals." Annabeth nodded, her mind racing. Prophecies like this one always wrought big changes. The rise of Kronos, acknowledging all the gods, the rise of Gaea and the Roman demigods. What else could be coming? 

          To have a third major prophecy so soon... She didn't like the implications.

          "Well, as long as we're together, right?" She asked. Percy kissed her gently, a silly smile on his face.

         "As long as we're together."

AN: 

Yay! Another chapter done. We're coming up on the end of this story, so thank you so much to everyone whose been sticking it out with me. I haven't started working on the next one yet, but I have a few ideas on how the prophecy is going to shake out. 

On another note; I've been reading a lot of the Percy's uncle stories, and I've been thinking about doing one of my own. Thoughts? Ideas? Comments? Concerns? Requests? Let me know. 

Please keep voting and commenting, I love feed back!

Cheers, 

Hartley