Chapter 53

POV: Steve

       He jumped off the couch. The same kid he'd met in the cemetery had somehow made it into the tower without setting off any alarms, before announcing that some girl was alive and that someplace was under attack before passing out. Percy looked paler than a sheet. Banner followed him to the kid. But when they reached for him, Percy pulled him away. He turned and started to walk down the hallway towards his room.

        "Percy you've got to let me check him out. He's covered in blood. Percy. Percy!" Banner was insisting. Percy just clutched the kid tighter to his chest and walked into his room, the door slamming and locking in their faces. Tony raced towards a computer, pulling up the security feeds just in time to see Percy put duct tape over the cameras as his friend lay lifeless on the bed.

         "Break the door down." Steve ordered, his voice tight. Tony looked pained but didn't argue. Thor looked resigned and stood back as Barton and Romanoff brought in a small battering ram. They counted down and slammed the door in.

           Steve was shocked to find the room empty except for the bloodstained sheets.

Ok. The last chapter kinda cheated you out of your update. But it was kinda necessary. So I'm not that sorry.

But to make up for it; I'll let you decide. Comment for the next chapter, whether you want a scene during the attack at camp, or a scene about Percy and his thoughts about Annabeth (it still mentions the attack at camp)