Chapter 42

POV: Percy

          The Avengers finally left the room. Or rather, most of them did. Because as soon as the doctor, Steve, the red head, her blonde buddy and goatee dude left, Thor walked in.

          "Hey man, I'm tired. Do I really need to take another test?" Percy asked annoyed. The norse god of thunder shook his head.

          "No Percy. I am here because on behalf of your father, he sent Olympus's sincerest condolences." Percy barked out a short laugh.

          "Yeah. Thanks. Anything else?" He asked bitterly. The god of thunder fished out a scrap of paper. Percy recognized the omega stamped on the side of it. Stationary from Olympus.

           "Because of the prophecy, the mortals will learn of Olympus. As they technically already know about the gods, you may share your heritage. However it cannot interfere with the quest. Follow the standard protocol, or Lord Zeus will smite you. Lady Athena wishes for me to remind you that while the mortal heroes are an acceptable risk, the rest of the organization is not. She also said something about not allowing your fatal flaw to control you on this quest. Lady Hestia said to give you this,' Thor held out a small basket. Inside was a tin of blue food coloring. Percy smiled slightly at it. 

          The goddess of the hearth always was his favorite aunt. Only goddess who hadn't tried to control or twist his life, hadn't tried to kill him, hadn't voted to kill him. She was one of the few deities to outright protect him; she had after all helped him when he'd fought Kronos two years ago. Thor looked at Percy with pity.

          "Perseus, tales of your quests have reached even Asgard. Many of my people consider you to be one of the greatest heroes, no matter that you are a Greek. My people consider you to be worthy of a seat in Valhalla when your time among the living ends. I consider it an honor to fight alongside you, Son of Poseidon." Percy tried to smile as the god's earnest compliment washed over him.

          "Thanks." Thor nodded and left the room. Percy sank into the pillows, praying to his father for a dreamless sleep.