Chapter Fifty: Appointments

Isla of Sussex

February 23rd, 2015

I held Diana's hand as I helped her out the car. Today was nothing but appointments for Harry and I after having time off from the tour. 

Normally for any baby appointments we leave Diana with my mom but today we decided to bring her with us. 

Harry jogged over and grinned at me before taking Diana in his arms. 

"Six months pregnant and you still look amazing." He said with a smile as he held the door open for me. 

"I look like a bloody whale Henry. You did this to me, once again." 

"Ah! I see the hormones are doing just wonders."Someone said and I smiled when I saw Dr. Jackson.

"They are much worst this time around. How are you Dr. Jackson?" I asked as she hugged me. 

"I'm well. Now this can't be little Diana now? Look how you've grown!" She said and Diana smiled before hiding in Harry's chest. 

"She's tired of people after the tour we've been on." 

"Oh yes. Come on to the back. You know the drill by now. Pee in the cup, we weigh you, and take your blood pressure before seeing the second Sussex baby." 

As we followed her to the back Harry and Diana went to the room while I did what I had to do for Dr. Jackson. 

"Alright Isla now hop on the bed and lift your shirt up. The gel might be a little cold." 

"Baby?" Diana asked and Harry nodded. 

"Yes, we are gonna see the baby! Either your baby brother or baby sister." 

"Is he still hoping for a boy?" Dr. Jackson asked as she squeezed the jelly onto my belly. 

"Him and William. I still think it's a girl." I said with a smile as she grabbed the wand and we looked at the screen. There laid my beautiful baby swinging it's arms around. 

"There it is! Another little active one I see." 

"Hopefully this time around I won't be in labor for nearly fourteen hours." I grumbled and Harry smiled as he brushed some of my hair back. 

"Baby!" Diana screamed as she leaned forward in Harry's arms. 

"I see she is very excited. We don't get to see that often. Many older children are jealous the new baby will take all of the attention away." 

"I hope she loves her little sibling. My brother and I were close to one another." I said and Dr. Jackson smiled at me.

"Well as we can hear, the baby has a very strong heartbeat. Very active and measuring about two days ahead now." She explained and Harry grinned. 

"Diana measured a week ahead but was still overdue." 

"Do not wish that on me or you are never touching me again." I theartened as she wiped the jelly off of me and helped me sit up. She handed me the photos and smiled. 

"Alright so we will see you in four weeks. You know the drill by now." She said and I sighed before looking at Diana. 

"I know. Soon I have to stop picking her up. She's going to hate it." 

Harry helped me off the bed and we waved goodbye to Dr. Jackson before we took the back way out of the doctors office. I took Diana from her Harry and placed her in her car seat before climbing in the front with Harry.

"Alright, anywhere else we have to go or do you just want to go straight home?" 

"No, Alice was doing the shopping for us after I told her she didn't have to. So let's just go home. Ooo! But first I really want a latte from Starbucks." 

"Of course you do." 

As Harry took off I got a ding on my phone and I looked and saw an email from a magazine I had just done an interview with. 

"The photos from the magazine have just finished. They said it should be ready to publish next month." 

"You looked gorgeous in the photos. Very proud of you for talking about maternity mental health. No one understands what a woman goes through unless you are a woman yourself." harry said as he reached over and grabbed my hand. 

"I'm just happy they came to me. Catherine is normally the one who is very vocal about mental health." 

"Yes but you are the Duchess of Sussex and more active on social media which is rising very quickly. I think that's why they asked you." He said as he pulled into the drive through for Starbucks. 

"Diana do you want your cake pop love bug?" 

All I heard was her squeal and Harry shook his head. 

"She eats just like me." 

"And her attitude is all mine."