Chapter Thirty-Eight: Arrival in Belgium

Isla of Sussex

December 1st, 2014

I held Diana in my arms as Harry and I lined up by the door waiting to walk down. Today we have arrived in Belgium to begin our two-week tour.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked as he lined over and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"Yes, I'm excited to be here. Are the King and Queen greeting us here?" I asked as the attendant walked over and began unlocking the door.

"Yes, and I believe they are here." He said as the door opened and I grinned as I heard the crowd that was waiting for us. Harry and I stepped out and lifted our hands and waved to everyone.

Harry looked to me for a moment before he began his way down the stairs and when I looked forward I saw King Phillipe and Queen Mathilde waiting for us. As we got to the end of the stairs and they walked towards us.

"Prince Harry! Duchess Isla! Welcome to Belgium!" King Phillipe said as he stepped towards us. Harry bowed his head before he stood up and shook his hand.

"It's wonderful to be here. As you know this is my wife Isla and our daughter Diana." Harry introduced and I curstied to their Majesties before I kissed both of the King's cheek before hugging Mathilde.

"Hello, Diana! How are you?" Mathilde asked and Diana waved at her before opening her arms.

"May I?" Mathilde asked as and I nodded as she took Diana out of my arms and held her. I heard people scream and go crazy and I chuckled softly.

"Well welcome to Belgium! We are looking forward to having your two here for two weeks with us." Phillipe said as he began leading us off of the carpet and towards the cars that were waiting for us.

"We are very happy to be here! I know Diana is going to enjoy it as well." I explained and Mathilde chuckled as she looked down at Diana who was resting in her arms.

"I hope she does. Our children are very excited to meet her as well as the two of you." She said as we got to the cars and she handed me, Diana, back and I kissed her forehead.

"This is your car. It will follow ours straight to the Palace." Phillipe explained as he opened one of the doors for us.

"Thank you very much," Harry said before he motioned for me to get in the car. I turned around and waved to the crowd one last time before climbing in the car with Diana.

I quickly put her in her car seat and strapped her in. Alice was waiting in the car for us and reached over and handed Diana her stuffed rabbit. Once I sat down Harry climbed in and sighed softly.

"I say the arrival was a success." He explained and I chuckled softly as I laced my hand with his.

"I do as well. Now when we arrive we have to get ready for the welcome banquet." I explained and Harry nodded.

"I know you'll look beautiful."

"And you will look handsome in your suit or uniform."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Welcome Banquet ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I held onto Harry's hand as he helped me down the stairs and towards the ballroom where the welcome banquet would be held

I held onto Harry's hand as he helped me down the stairs and towards the ballroom where the welcome banquet would be held. Waiting for us were Their Majesties King Phillippe and Queen Mathilde along with Princess Astrid and her husband Lorenz.

"You look beautiful!" Mathilde said as she stepped towards us and I curstied to her.

"Thank you! I love the orange on you!" I said as I kissed both her cheeks.

"How are you and the baby doing? Did you rest?" She asked as she motioned to my belly and I smiled softly.

"The little one and I are alright. I didn't realize how tired I was until I laid down." I explained as I rubbed my belly.

"Harry, Isla, This is one of my younger sisters Astrid and her husband Lorenz." Phillippe introduced and I smiled as I reached my hand out for them.

"It is very nice to meet you both," Harry said and Astrid bowed her head.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both." She said and I smiled before we turned to face the King.

"Isla, if I may?" He asked as he offered his arm to me. I smiled as I bowed my hand before wrapped my hand around his arm and we all began to line up to enter.

We heard the Belgium athemn begin to play and the doors opened. I walked in first with the King and grinned at all of the cameras that were waiting for us.

As we arrived to the tables we all stood behind our seats before Philippe nodded his head and we were all allowed to sit down.

Philippe was the only one who stood standing up before he made his way to the microphone and held his hand up for everyone to be silent.

"Welcome! Welcome, everyone! I thank you all for joining us tonight to Welcome the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as they will be joining us for two weeks to tour our wonderful nation!" He began earning everyone to cheer.

"Please help me welcome The Duchess of Sussex!" He added as I stood up and made my way over to the microphone. I curtsied as I was told to by Her Majesty. The King smiled softly at me and stepped to the side for me to speak.

"Good evening everyone! Thank you so much for the warm welcome that my family and I have received today!" I began as everyone clapped.

"I bring a very warm welcome from her Majesty. Before leaving she told me stories of her visit in 1966 and I hope my family and I have an amazing time as she did. I am very happy to be spending two weeks touring your wonderful country and learning from all of you." I added with a smile as I looked to the King and Queen.

"Our two nations are connected through trade but we hope to connect our nations through more than that. I am very happy to be here and to meet and get to know every single one of you. Your Majesties thank you are the invitation to tour here and I speak for my family saying we are very happy and excited. Thank you all and enjoy yourself tonight." I ended earning everyone to clap.

King Philippe stood up and offered me his hand as he helped me step down and make my way back towards my seat.

"You did wonderfully!" Harry said as I sat down and the first course was starting to come out.

"I was surprised no one saw me sweating."

"I did but I didn't want to see anything," Harry said and I rolled my eyes earning him to chuckle.

"Thanks, hun."

@DailyMail_UK: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have began their two-week tour of Belgium

@DailyMail_UK: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have began their two-week tour of Belgium. They will be in Belgium until December 14th.

@User1: I love how he hugs everyone!

@User2: I can't wait to see their banquet outfits!