Chapter Thirty-Four: 100 Women in Hedge Fund Gala

Isla of Sussex

October 16th, 2014

After attending the WellsChild Ceremony last month we were asked to also attend the 100 Women in Hedge Fund Gala where Harry would be giving a speech.

We had publicly announced our second pregnancy only a couple of days ago and I was very nervous to appear in public for the first time.

As the car parked I smiled when I saw the people waiting for us. Harry climbed out of the car first and waved to the crowd before he turned around and offered me his hand. I gladly took it and allowed him to help me out of the car.

I waved to the crowd before I held my clutch tight in my hand as Harry led us towards Jill Evans who was coordinating the entire night.

She bowed to both of us for a moment before she stood up and stuck her hand out and shook both of our hands.

"Your Royal Highnesses! We are so honored that you are both here with us tonight! Also, let me be the first to say congratulations on the news of your second child." Jill said and I grinned at her.

"Thank you so much! We are truly honored to be here."

"Yes. When WellChild told us of this Gala and that you have chosen WellChild to represent I had to quickly jump on the chance to come." Harry said and Jill blushes softly before clearing her throat.

"Please, follow me inside. Everyone is very excited that you are here." She said as she turned and led us down the small red carpet.

I lifted my hand and waved to the crowd earning all of the photographers to go crazy and began taking photos.

As we walked inside I was grateful for the warmness as it was beginning to get colder.

Inside the venue wear so many tables along with a medium-sized dance floor. The stage was behind the dance floor and the banner titled 100 Women in Hedge Fund Gala.

"This looks amazing! I love how you styled the black and gold together." I told Jill as she started to lead us to our table.

"Really? We did not know what to make of the theme and we just decided to go with these colors." She confessed as we approached to table ten.

"No, it looks amazing. Every woman can wear whatever dress they desire and it won't clash with the theme. It's amazing." I told her and she blushed before pointing to the table.

"This shall be your table. But before we sit and eat Prince Harry you will have your speech."

"Please, just call me Harry." Harry quickly said and I sighed softly.

I took my seat as everyone else did around us and turned to the woman sitting to my right.

"Hello, I'm Isla! It is very nice to meet you." I began as I offered my hand to her.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you as well. I am Heather Taylor. I work for the technology department of WellChild." She introduced and I smiled at her.

"The Technology department? I do not believe I have ever met someone from that department."

"We like to stay holed up in our dungeon of computers. We come out when we have to like tonight. I am very glad to be here. Women who work, pardon my language, their arses off finally getting the recnginatin they deserve." She said and I nodded.

"That is very true. I agree with that." I began before I heard someone clapping their hands and I looked towards the stage to see Jill standing behind the microphone.

"Hello everyone! I thank you so much for coming out tonight to help us celebrate the 100 Women in Hedge Fund Gala! I am very happy to introduce to you Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex. Patron of WellChild!" She introduced and I began clapping as Harry stood up and made his way over to the stage.

He hugged Jill before helping her off the stage and making his way over to the microphone. I smirked softly as he searched the crowd to find my eyes and he visibly relaxed.

"Thank you all very much for coming this evening. I am not entirely sure who made the seating plan but I am sitting between two men and not my wife." He began and I let out a laugh as I turned to my left to see the guy laughing.

"It is great to see you in this rather wonderful Harry Potter-Esq setting - There will be no Quidditch. I only know this because of my wife and her nephew Theo! This hospital represents the importance which society places on the care of those less fortunate than ourselves. In the case of the Royal Hospital, it is former members of the Armed Forces but for WellChild it is children and young people. I am incredibly proud to be the Patron of WellChild, the charity being championed by 100 Women In Hedge Fund's UK this year."

"I am also delighted to be Patron of 100 Women In Hedge Fund's philanthropic initiatives for this year also. Over the course of this partnership, I have seen first-hand the tremendous value this relationship has brought to WellChild, not just in fund-raising but in strategic advice, guidance, networking, and reach. WellChild is a truly remarkable charity whose staff and nurses work tirelessly to make sure that thousands of seriously ill children and young people received the very best possible care." Harry added and I felt my eyes begin to fill with tears.

"It has been very exciting for me to see these two fantastic organizations come together over the past few months and I know that there are still more projects being planned as WellChild and 100 Women In Hedge Funds enjoy their year together, the effects of which will last long into the future I am sure. Thanks must go to Jill, Amanda, Kristen, and Natasha for their work with Colin and the staff at WellChild, and of course congratulations to Anne on your Leadership Award."

"I hope you are all very proud of the support you have given to WellChild, it really does change lives. All of us together can make a real difference for children and young people. It is fantastic to see the partnership, which has already achieved a great deal, continues to make life better for more and more young people, and their families. Thank you again for your tremendous support and enjoy the rest of the evening." He finished and I was the first one who stood up and started clapping.

Harry smiled before making his way off of the stage and towards the table. He made his way over to me first and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

'You did amazing darling."

"Really?"

"Yes, you always do amazing with these speeches. Better than me."

Harry stared at me for a moment before smiling.

"Thank you my love that meant a lot to me."